PDA

View Full Version : Help

joshtweito
01-06-2014, 03:08 PM
There may be a different area to put this post (if there is let me know so I can move this post to the proper category).

I keep getting the following error message on the very last install disc for BibleWorks 9:

Feature: Support Files
Component: wrd_files
File: D:\data4.cab
Error: Data Error (Cyclical Redundancy Check).

I have Windows 8.1.

Can anyone help? I emailed customer support on thursday and have not heard anything back yet. I'm sure they are very swamped because of Christmas, but didn't know if any of you had the same problem and know how to fix it.

Thank you!

MBushell
01-06-2014, 05:08 PM
There may be a different area to put this post (if there is let me know so I can move this post to the proper category).

I keep getting the following error message on the very last install disc for BibleWorks 9:

Feature: Support Files
Component: wrd_files
File: D:\data4.cab
Error: Data Error (Cyclical Redundancy Check).

I have Windows 8.1.

Can anyone help? I emailed customer support on thursday and have not heard anything back yet. I'm sure they are very swamped because of Christmas, but didn't know if any of you had the same problem and know how to fix it.

Thank you!

Customer support is a bit swamped right now, mainly because the wife of one of the tech support guys is in the hospital so we are short one guy for a few days. But they will get to you shortly.

In the mean time you can try cleaning the disk with a soft cloth and clean water with a few drops of mild dish soap. Hold the disk up tp the light and look for scratches.

You can also try copying all the installation disks to folders on your hard drive (folders called disk1,disk2, etc). Then run setup in the disk1 folder. Sometimes the copy process is less finicky for a marginal disk. You could also try making a copy on a different computer with a different CD drive in case you CD drive is a little out of alignment.

If none of this works tech support will need to send you a new set of disks. But if you have all the other things tried, it can speed the process when they get in touch with you.

I hope this helps. Bad CDs don't happen often, but they do happen.

Mike

joshtweito
01-06-2014, 06:27 PM
Thank you! I will try that stuff when I get home tonight. I'm sorry to hear about the tech support guys wife. I will pray for his family.

Customer support is a bit swamped right now, mainly because the wife of one of the tech support guys is in the hospital so we are short one guy for a few days. But they will get to you shortly.

In the mean time you can try cleaning the disk with a soft cloth and clean water with a few drops of mild dish soap. Hold the disk up tp the light and look for scratches.

You can also try copying all the installation disks to folders on your hard drive (folders called disk1,disk2, etc). Then run setup in the disk1 folder. Sometimes the copy process is less finicky for a marginal disk. You could also try making a copy on a different computer with a different CD drive in case you CD drive is a little out of alignment.

If none of this works tech support will need to send you a new set of disks. But if you have all the other things tried, it can speed the process when they get in touch with you.

I hope this helps. Bad CDs don't happen often, but they do happen.

Mike