PDA

View Full Version : Can't open after installing

MsyGirl
12-27-2013, 08:50 PM
I have twice opened the Mac installer, installed fully to the end, then tried to open the program. Both times I've tried to open the program, I've got an error message saying that this file is missing "BWBITS90.dll"

The file is there in the folder where it belongs. I've been trying to open bw900.exe

Is there something else I should be trying to open? How do I get this program to work???

Every time I open the application called "BibleWorks," I just get the installer again.

MTan
01-06-2014, 02:11 PM
I have twice opened the Mac installer, installed fully to the end, then tried to open the program. Both times I've tried to open the program, I've got an error message saying that this file is missing "BWBITS90.dll"

The file is there in the folder where it belongs. I've been trying to open bw900.exe

Is there something else I should be trying to open? How do I get this program to work???

Every time I open the application called "BibleWorks," I just get the installer again.
You'll want to contact Customer Service for help. How are you attempting to start the program? Are you using the dock or Launchpad? You can't start the program by directly clicking bw900.exe.

When you initially installed, did it go through the entire InstallShield process, say it had successfully completed, and then ask to restart (step 18 at http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/kmp/index.php?/article/AA-02916)?

Michael

Asaph
04-01-2014, 09:34 PM
I also reached the end of a very lengthy installation attempt on my MacbookPro and got to the end only to receive the "BibleWorks Initialization Error".
In my case, it doesn't matter how I try to launch the program. In each case, it gives me the option to repair/reinstall or to cancel. Then, whichever option I choose I get the following "BibleWorks Initialization Error" message:

"The DLL Library file BWBITS90.DLL is missing.
Bibleworks needs this file to operate properly.
It is normally installed when Windows is installed, but may have been inadvertently deleted when you uninstalled another program.
So restore the file, you can obtain the missing file from another computer, or reinstall Windows."

So, this seems a little crazy in obvious ways for a Mac installation.

I gave up on the installation program re-starting my Mac on step 18 (after a minute or so of waiting - I manually restarted). Is this perhaps a problem I caused by this?

I have sent several messages to Support and have not heard from anyone in a week.
Any help here?

Thanks much!

(This would be the 2nd most current installer. I see a new one came out yesterday).

- Craig

MTan
04-02-2014, 10:24 AM
Craig, I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with the installation, but I'm confident we'll be able to get it working. Also, what address are you using for tech support? I just checked and there is no support backlog. I want to make sure our email system isn't having troubles. I'll contact you outside the forums to help with your install problem.

Michael

Asaph
04-02-2014, 03:46 PM
I see your personal emails to me with a number of questions. Thanks so much.

I sent 5 emails to service@bibleworks.com on 3/27, which included detail on most of the questions you are asking.
Anyway, I'll reply offline. Thanks again.

Craig