PDA

View Full Version : Bibleworks 9 Greek keyboard/ language/translation questions.

thanasisglt
12-26-2013, 07:15 AM
Hi,

I am trying to search in Greek language and i can't. I have read the faq and can't figure it out.
Typing in Greek is not possible for me. (windows 8.1)

(Other issues have solved)

Thank you.

Lee
12-26-2013, 01:49 PM
Hi,

I am trying to search in Greek language and i can't. I have read the faq and can't figure it out.
Typing in Greek is not possible for me. (windows 8.1)

(Other issues have solved)

Thank you.

I'm not sure that I quite understand your question, but I'll take a stab at it. To search the Greek text, you need to be sure that a Greek version (e.g., BNT, BNM, BYZ, BYM) is selected as the display text. Then you need to put a period (.), apostrophe ('), or slash (/) in the command line to indicate what kind of search you wish to make. It should then automatically type in Greek when you have done this.

thanasisglt
12-26-2013, 06:51 PM
I changed the display version in Greek bible MGK, APF etc but nothing changed.

I want my keyboard to write Greek letters but when i ichange the language to Greek it writes whatever (symbols and letters that i don't understand)

DavidR
12-26-2013, 06:59 PM
I just tried searching in those versions, and it does work for me as it should. Do be sure you're typing a period, apostrophe, or slash before typing any of the search terms. I have occasionally seen nonsense characters, as you describe, but pressing the Esc key clears the command line and then all is well.

Are you able to search successfully in Roman-alphabet languages?

Mark Eddy
12-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Typing . or ' or / on the command line, if your search version is a Greek version, will automatically lead to Greek letters displaying on the command line, if when you installed BibleWorks you properly installed the BibleWorks fonts. BW8 & BW9 automatically install the fonts. If you somehow got an earlier version, you might have to copy the BibleWorks Greek and Hebrew fonts from the main BibleWorks folder into the Windows Fonts folder. Sometimes you need to reboot your computer for the fonts to take effect.
Mark Eddy

MGVH
12-27-2013, 02:12 AM
Don't switch your system keyboard to Greek.

Rather, switch to a Greek version. (E.g, in command line, type: BGM and hit enter)
Type a period (.)
BibleWorks then knows you are searching Greek, so just start typing and the Greek should appear. (E.g., type: .agapw exactly using those keystrokes, and it should appear as .αγαπω)

thanasisglt
12-27-2013, 06:37 AM
Problem solved!
Thanks a lot all of you for your replies!