PDA

View Full Version : Testers wanted: New Mac Installer

MTan
12-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Hello, Friends!
We have a new BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer and would like some testers. If you are an existing BW Mac Installer user and would like to test it, send me a private message with your email address and I will put you on the list.
This new version uses CodeWeaver's new Mac driver which gets rid of a number of display and sizing glitches. The file is only 70MB and is simple to install (no need to re-install the entire program). You can also roll back to the previous public installer if needed.
Thanks!
Michael

lamonte
12-16-2013, 03:55 PM
I would like to be a tester. I am running the newest Bibleworks 9 Installer now. I also am running Bibleworks 9 with Parallel 9.

Thanks

LaMonte K Richardson
lamonte23@gmail.com

Hello, Friends!
We have a new BibleWorks 9 Mac Installer and would like some testers. If you are an existing BW Mac Installer user and would like to test it, send me a private message with your email address and I will put you on the list.
This new version uses CodeWeaver's new Mac driver which gets rid of a number of display and sizing glitches. The file is only 70MB and is simple to install (no need to re-install the entire program). You can also roll back to the previous public installer if needed.
Thanks!
Michael

Bill H
12-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Hi Michael,

I am glad to help out again; the first install test without a DVD went so well. I tried to send you a private message via the forum but it got rejected.

Bill

Abe L
01-03-2014, 05:59 PM
I installed Window 8.1 and Parallels Desktop 9 on my MacBook Pro.
I would like to know how to install BW 9 on my Mac via Parallels Desktop 9.
I bought new BW9 Rev4.
Please help me if you know. I am relatively new using Mac and Parallels Desktop 9 since I have used PC.
Thank you.

MTan
01-06-2014, 02:12 PM
Abe L, you should be able to just start Windows in your VM (Parallels or Fusion), insert the BW DVD and install within Windows. You'll need to contact Customer Service if you need more help.

Michael

RevRic
01-08-2014, 03:52 PM
MTan,
This is in response to your post: Testers wanted: New Mac Installer
The BW system refused a private message to you, so I too am posting.

I currently run BW on my PC (Win7 & Win8) and on my iMac (2012) with Mac OS 10.9.1

I use BW constantly for my study & work.
Would be happy to serve as trial on Mac OS.

Rick

huneger
03-26-2014, 12:51 PM
Hello, Friends!
Thanks!
Michael

I have just upgraded my 2009 iMac from Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to Mavericks 10.9.2 - but BW for Mac will no longer load, and there is no way to force quit the load-icon on the Dock except via killing it a couple of times from within the Activity Monitor (it hangs in "shutting down" mode otherwise). In fact, after not loading to screen, clicking on either the BW icon on the Dock, or on the Desktop, again, causes it to try to shut down, without success.

MTan
03-27-2014, 04:17 PM
I have just upgraded my 2009 iMac from Snow Leopard 10.6.8 to Mavericks 10.9.2 - but BW for Mac will no longer load, and there is no way to force quit the load-icon on the Dock except via killing it a couple of times from within the Activity Monitor (it hangs in "shutting down" mode otherwise). In fact, after not loading to screen, clicking on either the BW icon on the Dock, or on the Desktop, again, causes it to try to shut down, without success.

The fix for this is to re-start your Mac (removes hanging BibleWorks processes). Then, do not start BW, but first load the new installer using the instructions here:
http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/kmp/index.php?/article/AA-02949/96/Usage-Tutorial/BibleWorks-and-Macs/How-Do-I-Update-the-BibleWorks-9-Mac-Installer.html

You will not have to re-install from DVD.
Michael