PDA

View Full Version : Fixed: BW9 Mac Installer not installing on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks)

admin
10-22-2013, 05:50 PM
The native Mac version (BibleWorks Mac Installer) is now compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).

10/25/2013 11:30 AM update: The signed version is now posted! If you get an "unidentified developer" message, please re-download the installer dmg.

If you're running OS X 10.9, please RESTART your Mac and follow these instructions:
http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/kmp/index.php?/article/AA-02949

Thanks for your patience!

jfidel
10-22-2013, 07:47 PM
If the program is already installed and running, is it ok to update to Mavericks?

IIIM
10-22-2013, 10:44 PM
I just installed Maverick - BW does not start up at all - it was working before the new OS update. It will not even shutdown properly, you have to force quite. So, if BW is your only Bible program, then .... IMO would wait on the new installer.

If the program is already installed and running, is it ok to update to Mavericks?

jfidel
10-22-2013, 11:01 PM
Thanks for the update! The original post was not clear.

letteney
10-24-2013, 07:57 AM
Hello, all! We're aware that the BW9 Mac Installer is not installing for some people under the new OS X 10.9 update (Mavericks). It also breaks existing installations. We plan to have a working installer by the end of the week, though, so hang tight. We'll keep you posted.
Running on virtual machines such as Parallels or VMWare Fusion should be fine, though.

Michael

Will I have to reinstall the program? This would be an issue, as a) my install disks are in storage on the other side of the world and b) my Mac (as many Macs sold these days) does not have a DVD drive.

jfidel
10-24-2013, 08:18 AM
Admin can confirm, however the last few Mac Installer Updates did not require any reinstallation of the texts or resources off the DVDs. Only the Crossover program that allows BW to run on Macs was upgraded.

letteney
10-24-2013, 08:42 AM
Admin can confirm, however the last few Mac Installer Updates did not require any reinstallation of the texts or resources off the DVDs. Only the Crossover program that allows BW to run on Macs was upgraded.

Excellent - thanks for the tip.

MTan
10-24-2013, 05:34 PM
We appear to have found the problem with the Mac Installer. Hopefully we’ll have a fix posted tonight or tomorrow morning! You should not have to re-install--running the dmg installer should be enough! Thanks for your patience.
Michael

MTan
10-25-2013, 09:52 AM
The native Mac version (BibleWorks Mac Installer) is now compatible with OS X 10.9 (Mavericks).

Click here to apply the update. (http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/kmp/index.php?/article/AA-02949)

Andrew Chuter
10-25-2013, 11:58 AM
Thanks - installed but won't open - I'm getting the following message:

' “BibleWorks” can’t be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.'

Andrew Chuter

admin
10-25-2013, 12:01 PM
We need to get the installer signed, so until then you may get an "unidentified developer" message. Here's the workaround:

In the Finder, locate the Applications | BibleWorks icon.
Press the Control-key, then click the app icon.
Choose Open from the shortcut menu.
Click Open.
The app is saved as an exception to your security settings, and you will be able to open it in the future by double-clicking it, just like any authorized app.

admin
10-25-2013, 12:33 PM
10/25/2013 11:30 AM update: The signed version is now posted!

Click here to apply the update. (http://kb.bibleworksllc.com/kmp/index.php?/article/AA-02949)

If you get an "unidentified developer" message, please re-download the installer dmg.

IIIM
10-25-2013, 02:15 PM
Many thanks. Worked GREAT. Excellent!!! :cool:

drslewis
10-25-2013, 05:00 PM
BW9 will not shut down (will not even shut down with force quite) on Mac OS10.9 to let me reinstall the BW9 program. Help.

Andrew Chuter
10-25-2013, 05:17 PM
I've installed new installer but programme is not now opening and I am having to force quit.

Andrew

admin
10-25-2013, 06:03 PM
The old installer would leave processes running. You have to restart your Mac to get rid of them. Try restarting your Mac, and then re-run the installer dmg.

Michael

Andrew Chuter
10-25-2013, 06:39 PM
Thanks - that's solved problem - I'm up and running now.
Andrew