PDA

View Full Version : X number of random verses from search results

jim.dvorak
10-20-2013, 09:47 AM
Hello. I've constructed a search in GSE and it works great! But what I need to do now is have BW choose some number verses from the returned search results. Is this currently possible, and of so, could someone tell me how to do it? :confused:

Thanks.

Dr. Jim Dvorak

MGVH
10-21-2013, 12:09 PM
I'm not quite sure I understand your question, but if I do...

Once you have all your results listed, you can go through and un/check the verses you want to discard or save.
Then, right-click anywhere in the results list and choose "Checkbox Options."
Now you can delete the ones you want or not from the listbox and use the resulting list for export, copying of texts or references, use as new search limits, etc.

jim.dvorak
10-21-2013, 02:50 PM
Thanks for your reply. Here's a clearer picture of what I am after:

1) I ran a search using GSE (a rather complicated one, I might add) and it returned results that fit the search criteria I had entered.
2) Now I want to tell BibleWorks to just randomly X number of those results, for example 10, and display only those 10 results (or put them in the verse list manager).

Basically, I want the computer/software to do the random selection for me.

-Dr. Jim Dvorak

I'm not quite sure I understand your question, but if I do...

Once you have all your results listed, you can go through and un/check the verses you want to discard or save.
Then, right-click anywhere in the results list and choose "Checkbox Options."
Now you can delete the ones you want or not from the listbox and use the resulting list for export, copying of texts or references, use as new search limits, etc.

Michael Hanel
10-21-2013, 03:19 PM
Basically, I want the computer/software to do the random selection for me.

-Dr. Jim Dvorak

There is no option for random selection. You would have to choose/unchoose for yourself.

jim.dvorak
10-21-2013, 03:32 PM
Ok. Thanks. I will create my own app to which I can feed an exported verse list and that will randomly select the verses for me. No problem.

There is no option for random selection. You would have to choose/unchoose for yourself.