PDA

View Full Version : bibleworks9_mac_setup-9r3-14.dmg keyboard issue

huneger
09-07-2013, 11:25 PM
The new installer installs despite its name to 9r3-13. The keyboard issue reported elsewhere in this forum is still present. But additionally in this build, despite maintaining default settings for keyboard, and in spite of the online instructions for enabling a chosen Hebrew keyboard, BW keeps switching me automatically to the Unicode Hex Input layout immediately when I press the spacebar or get far enough for a list to start showing below the command window.

That would not be a problem except that so far BW interprets and displays the wildcard "*" (Shift-8, or any combination of modifiers with 8) not as an asterisk, but as an 8. It also interprets and displays the colon as a semi-colon. The Unicode Hex layout works perfectly in my other Mac programs. But the result in BW is that one must use the drop down menu to get the asterisk. And when using, say, "John 6;10" to display a passage, what comes up is a continuous chapter text in browse mode, and it takes two taps on the Browse toggle (the little feet) to get to John 6:1 -- the first tap separates the continuous text into paragraphs each one verse long; the next tap displays the multi-version single-verse comparison mode.

I have all my language settings working in Mellel, NisusWriterPro for multiple languages with preferred keyboard layouts. The present behavior which I did not notice before in BW-Mac is puzzling.

MTan
09-09-2013, 09:01 AM
The new installer installs despite its name to 9r3-13.

If it is showing 9r3-13 then it is not the current version. Do you recall if you selected "Replace" instead of "Keep both" when you ran the dmg? it may be that you selected "Keep both". If so, then you'll have two BibleWorks icons under Applications--one icon will run 9r3-14, the other will run your older install...

Michael

huneger
09-09-2013, 09:21 AM
1) 9r3-14.dmg was downloaded Sept 6
2) online instructions were followed, first trashing bibleworks.app and also ~/library/application support/bibleworks
3) only one icon in /applications
4) same problem on both office iMac and MacBook
5) all updates performed, computer has been powered down and restarted as well
6) still running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (if that is a problem); cannot upgrade 2006 MacBook to 10.7 or greater
7) do not recall seeing an option to "keep both"

admin
09-11-2013, 09:12 AM
The minimum requirements are 10.7.4 or higher, but it seems odd to me that once installed it would show r13 instead of r14. What is the exact filesize of your dmg file? Also, you you re-run the dmg file (selecting "Replace") and see if that makes a difference?

omoje
09-11-2013, 01:44 PM
The minimum requirements are 10.7.4 or higher, but it seems odd to me that once installed it would show r13 instead of r14. What is the exact filesize of your dmg file? Also, you you re-run the dmg file (selecting "Replace") and see if that makes a difference?
After downloading the r14 files several times and installing it, choosing REPLACE rather than keeping both files, the version installed shows r13. This is the screenshot:

Andrew Chuter
09-12-2013, 03:32 PM
After downloading the r14 files several times and installing it, choosing REPLACE rather than keeping both files, the version installed shows r13. This is the screenshot:

I'm experiencing the same problem. (OSX 10.8.4).

Andrew

Andrew Chuter
09-12-2013, 04:58 PM
I'm experiencing the same problem. (OSX 10.8.4).

Andrew

I've just noticed that on my BW while 'About Bibleworks' pop-up it is saying 13.dmg, in the bottom left hand corner it is saying 14.dmg.

Andrew

AbramKJ
09-13-2013, 07:36 AM
I've seen this, too. (can't remember if it was this version or a previous one). I think it's just a typo.

AbramKJ
09-13-2013, 09:24 AM
Yes, same thing appears for me. BibleWorks staff, can you confirm this is, in fact, just a typo? That's the only reason I can think that the same version would be named two different things in two places.

admin
09-16-2013, 10:24 AM
Yes, same thing appears for me. BibleWorks staff, can you confirm this is, in fact, just a typo? That's the only reason I can think that the same version would be named two different things in two places.

When you start the program, it should show ("MCW 9r3-14)" in the lower left corner. If you open Help | About it should show the same thing.

If you do not see that, please close BibleWorks, re-run the -14 dmg (selecting "Replace"), and then re-start BW. You will not have to re-install from the BW9 DVDs.

Michael

AbramKJ
09-16-2013, 10:42 AM
I've done that and the problem persists.

omoje
09-16-2013, 11:09 AM
I've done that and the problem persists.
The problem persists. I have reinstalled several times with the same result.

huneger
09-17-2013, 02:18 PM
When you start the program, it should show ("MCW 9r3-14)" in the lower left corner. If you open Help | About it should show the same thing.

If you do not see that, please close BibleWorks, re-run the -14 dmg (selecting "Replace"), and then re-start BW. You will not have to re-install from the BW9 DVDs.

Michael

1) In the Finder, it shows as "modified 7-2-13 4:11pm" and as version "9r3-13"; but in the lower left status line, today, 09/17/13 it does read "9.0.12.442 (MCW9r3-14)" (and the same in Help>About Bibleworks).

2) KEYBOARD ISSUE: Still present ... auto-reverting to Unicode Hex Input keyboard the moment the drop-down list of words shows (generally after the first character in a search is typed), and the colon (showing as semi-colon) and the asterisk (showing as 8) are unavailable, except by clicking the drop-down options, or by switching to another keyboard for just that one character needed (until BW auto-reverts to the defective Unicode Hex Input layout). <Have not tried to modify the *.keylayout file to see if there is a problem there. There should not be, since the layout works fine in other Mac program.>

AbramKJ
09-17-2013, 02:28 PM
1) In the Finder, it shows as "modified 7-2-13 4:11pm" and as version "9r3-13"; but in the lower left status line, today, 09/17/13 it does read "9.0.12.442 (MCW9r3-14)" (and the same in Help>About Bibleworks).

Michael (from BW), I wonder if you could check your Finder, as well, to confirm that you either have or don't have what huneger and I both are showing in that display? Seems it was actually updated to 9r3-14, but just not noted as such in that one place.

MTan
09-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Okay, I see the problem. If you have BW running and select from the Apple/main (top) menu BibleWorks | About BibleWorks it does erroneously show 9-r3-13. That is a typo and I will report it.

If the lower left status bar shows 9-r3-14 and the in-program Help | About shows 9-r3-14 you are okay. I'm sorry for my misunderstanding. I had forgotten about that third location for the version number.

Regarding the keyboard issue, the glitch you are reporting is on the Command Line when you are trying to do a Hebrew search, right? Can you tell me the exact keystrokes to press to reproduce the problem you are seeing.

Michael