PDA

View Full Version : Maximizing Main Window In Beginner Mode...

adamlau
12-06-2004, 01:17 PM
How to maximize the main bible window? I understand that we can pull & drag the window to the edge of the program screen, but it still leaves part of the 'Search Lookup Copy' dialog box visible. How to fully maximize screen real estate for the main window?

Joe Fleener
12-06-2004, 01:47 PM
First off, using the Beginner Mode in BW is like have the full power of a Porsche available to you, but for some reason keeping it in 1st gear! :)

Secondly I don't believe there is a way to make the main bible window go full-screen.

Depending on what you are wanting there is probably a way to get it using Standard or Power User mode. What are you looking for and maybe we can help?

adamlau
12-06-2004, 01:53 PM
Just looking for a way to maximize the main window so as to allow for others to read along during bible study sessions...We are looking for maximum exposure to the Word!

Joe Fleener
12-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Here is what I do in class and Bible Sutdies:

1. Use Standard or Power User mode.

2. Go to tools - Parallel Versions Window

3. In the dialog that opens, just choose one version.

- This will open one window with just the text of the version you selected.

4. You can now mazimize this window.

5. By right clicking on the top bar you can turn off the outline and browse list boxes.

6. In addition:

6a. Under tools - options - fonts (tab) back in the main BW window.

6b. You can change the size of the results window font. This will increase the font in your single window above for better "on-screen" viewing.

Hope this helps.

adamlau
12-07-2004, 05:12 AM
Left navigation panel in Parallel Version Window takes up more screen real estate than dragging the main window to the far right in Beginner Mode...I suppose than is about as maximum as the main window gets...Perhaps the authors of BibleWorks *cough*cough* should consider adding a full screen mode for us =>) ...

Joe Fleener
12-07-2004, 07:57 AM
Again in Standard User or Power User Mode.

Right Click in the Results Window

Choose the option to open a secondary window.

- The secondard Results Window should open in browse mode with your search version displayed.

Maximize this secondary Window.

- Again you can increase the font size as before.

adamlau
12-07-2004, 09:32 PM
Awesome! Thank you for the clarification, Joe =>) !