PDA

View Full Version : "An error has occurred in the script on this page"



Whitefort
07-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Hi,

I've started getting this error message popping up, appearing immediately when I load Bibleworks, but also frequently recurring during my work session.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and if it's an easy fix?
It's not exactly a show-stopper, as I can dismiss the error message and continue for a while, but it is an attention-breaker!

(On a bit of further examination it SEEMS to only occur when I'm using the NET or ESV Study notes in the Analysis window, but that may just be coincidence)

I'd be grateful if anyone has any advice. Thanks!


1135

MBushell
08-02-2013, 02:33 AM
Hi,

I've started getting this error message popping up, appearing immediately when I load Bibleworks, but also frequently recurring during my work session.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has encountered this, and if it's an easy fix?
It's not exactly a show-stopper, as I can dismiss the error message and continue for a while, but it is an attention-breaker!

(On a bit of further examination it SEEMS to only occur when I'm using the NET or ESV Study notes in the Analysis window, but that may just be coincidence)

I'd be grateful if anyone has any advice. Thanks!


1135

The items in the Verse tab are all HTM resources and the Internet Explorer subsystem is used to display the text. The errors you see are javascript errors issued by Windows. You could try messing with the security settings in Internet Explorer and see if that helps. If that doesn't do it contact tech support. It may be that they have seen this before.

Mike

Whitefort
08-02-2013, 08:01 AM
Hi Mike, & many thanks for the reply.

Errors caused by the Windows system... ANOTHER reason to keep praying for the eventual appearance of a Linux version of Bibleworks!!!

The strange thing is, even though I hadn't got round to changing anything in Bibleworks OR Windows, the problem seems to have vanished as mysteriously as it appeared. It hung around for about 3 days, then vanished and hasn't reappeared since.

It crossed my mind that it started round about the time of the monthly Windows Update, so maybe it was something to do with that.

Anyway, problem solved (I hope!)

John