PDA

View Full Version : Find All Verb Lemmas, Parsings, Chapters and Verses (for certain Bible Books)

basilides
07-04-2013, 10:19 AM
By now I should know how to do this, but I'm ashamed to say, I forgot (or perhaps never knew how), and I don't have time to root around in the Help file to look for the answer, so I am pleading for some help on this forum.

I need the following output: a list of all the verb lemmas and parsings for every chapter and verse, in, say, John's gospel.

So the resulting list / output (for copying to a MS file) would look like this:

Joh 1:1 OOOOOO@vipm1s
UUUUUUU@vaa2p
etc. etc.
Joh 10:1 wwwwwwww@viaa3s
xxxxxxx@vdaa2p
etc. etc.

How can this be done? I am using BibleWorks 9.

Donald Cobb
07-08-2013, 08:40 AM
By now I should know how to do this, but I'm ashamed to say, I forgot (or perhaps never knew how), and I don't have time to root around in the Help file to look for the answer, so I am pleading for some help on this forum.

I need the following output: a list of all the verb lemmas and parsings for every chapter and verse, in, say, John's gospel.

So the resulting list / output (for copying to a MS file) would look like this:

Joh 1:1 OOOOOO@vipm1s
UUUUUUU@vaa2p
etc. etc.
Joh 10:1 wwwwwwww@viaa3s
xxxxxxx@vdaa2p
etc. etc.

How can this be done? I am using BibleWorks 9.

Basilides,

I think this should give you what you're looking for:

http://www.bibleworks.com/classroom/3_01/index.html

Best regards,

Donald Cobb
Aix-en-Provence, France

basilides
07-09-2013, 01:01 AM
Worked perfectly. By now I should have know how to do this, but anyway, now I do, thanks to Donald, and our beloved BibleWorks, which never fails to impress (with one "slight" oversight, namely, the much-needed, The New English Translation of the Septuagint (2009).