PDA

View Full Version : Na28

ISalzman
05-20-2013, 02:09 PM
Does anyone know if and when and at what cost NA28 will be available in BibleWorks? Appreciate any feedback.

Michael Hanel
05-20-2013, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know if and when and at what cost NA28 will be available in BibleWorks? Appreciate any feedback.

I believe this (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?5625-When-will-NA-28-be-available&p=29669#post29669)is the only thing solid that has been said so far. The contract is in place, but he didn't have details yet on the when or the how much.

ISalzman
05-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Thanks, Michael. I must have missed that thread.

MBushell
05-27-2013, 11:57 AM
Because of the nature of the agreement reached with the GBS the NA28 will be made available only on future DVD pressings. We are due for one very soon, in a month or so. Current users will have to purchase a DVD set upgrade, which is basically the cost of the disk replication. Through a special arrangement with the GBS BW9 users will be able to retain NA27. NA27 will not be available in the next major version release of BW. The differences are actually very small. Mike

SkipB
05-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Mike, will there be an announcement when the new pressing is available?

ISalzman
05-28-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Mike.

MBushell
05-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Mike, will there be an announcement when the new pressing is available?

Yes, both here and on the Web site. The master has been made for testing. It usually takes about a month to go from that to having the disks replicated and in stock.

Mike

SkipB
06-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Thank you sir! And thanks for negotiating for us to keep both versions.

Michael Hanel
07-01-2013, 01:06 PM
Woohoo!! Glad to see this upgrade. Looks like we still have to wait a bit for the textual crit app, but at least we now know it's in the process rather than never being contracted before! Great work! :cool:

News release link here (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?5694-Nestle-Aland-28th-now-available-for-BibleWorks-9!&p=30029#post30029).

christlove
07-02-2013, 03:34 AM
Glad to see you finally worked a deal out that contains the apparatus as well.
I bet it wasn´t that easy.....

Blessings,
Steffen

ISalzman
07-13-2013, 11:40 PM
Because of the nature of the agreement reached with the GBS the NA28 will be made available only on future DVD pressings. We are due for one very soon, in a month or so. Current users will have to purchase a DVD set upgrade, which is basically the cost of the disk replication. Through a special arrangement with the GBS BW9 users will be able to retain NA27. NA27 will not be available in the next major version release of BW. The differences are actually very small. Mike

Hey Mike, I am contemplating ordering the new DVD pressing to get the NA28. But I am curious to know if I will need to order yet another DVD pressing later when the GBS makes the apparatus available. If that is the case, I would probably hold off on ordering until all the components are available on one DVD pressing. Grateful for the heads up.

MBushell
07-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Hey Mike, I am contemplating ordering the new DVD pressing to get the NA28. But I am curious to know if I will need to order yet another DVD pressing later when the GBS makes the apparatus available. If that is the case, I would probably hold off on ordering until all the components are available on one DVD pressing. Grateful for the heads up.

The GBS Apparati package is still a ways off. We just signed the contract and don't have the data files in hand yet. As soon as we get them we will begin work but it is a large task because the module will contain a lot of stuff. The likelihood is that the apparati will be a part of the BibleWorks 10 release, which is itself a long ways off. It will however be an add on product, not a base package item. So if you need the NA28 I would recommend the DVD pressing. I should also point out, though, that the textual changes are very few. There are some punctuation and lots of capitalization changes, but very few actual changes in the text. I think Michael Hanel has helpfully detailed the differences on this forum.

Mike

ISalzman
07-22-2013, 10:15 PM
The GBS Apparati package is still a ways off. We just signed the contract and don't have the data files in hand yet. As soon as we get them we will begin work but it is a large task because the module will contain a lot of stuff. The likelihood is that the apparati will be a part of the BibleWorks 10 release, which is itself a long ways off. It will however be an add on product, not a base package item. So if you need the NA28 I would recommend the DVD pressing. I should also point out, though, that the textual changes are very few. There are some punctuation and lots of capitalization changes, but very few actual changes in the text. I think Michael Hanel has helpfully detailed the differences on this forum.

Mike

Thanks, Mike.