PDA

View Full Version : Error Message when trying to update

Joan Korte
05-15-2013, 04:59 PM
I wanted to download the exe. file 9.0.12.390 but I received the error message that "Couldn't retrieve file!" Re-started my computer and tried again. The hourglass just hangs...

EDIT: I found the BibleWorks support page and tried to manually download the patch and update that way. I cannot download any of the patches, getting an error message that the page cannot be displayed. I wonder if it a Windows 8 issue?

EDIT: I tried updating BibleWorks on my other machine which runs Windows 7 and I had the same problems. Could not update through the program, nor manually download a patch. BTW, one machine has McAfee and the other Charter Security Suite. I never had problems before today.

Michael Hanel
05-15-2013, 05:43 PM
I wanted to download the exe. file 9.0.12.390 but I received the error message that "Couldn't retrieve file!" Re-started my computer and tried again. The hourglass just hangs...

EDIT: I found the BibleWorks support page and tried to manually download the patch and update that way. I cannot download any of the patches, getting an error message that the page cannot be displayed. I wonder if it a Windows 8 issue?

EDIT: I tried updating BibleWorks on my other machine which runs Windows 7 and I had the same problems. Could not update through the program, nor manually download a patch. BTW, one machine has McAfee and the other Charter Security Suite. I never had problems before today.

That usually is not a fault on your end; it means the file hasn't uploaded to the right folder or whatever on the file server. As soon as they realize it, it should get resolved.

MBushell
05-15-2013, 06:30 PM
Joan,
The BW 9 update is several days old so I suspect the problems is either with your computer or just a temporary glitch on the server. I would wait a while and try again. I re-uploaded the post just to be sure though.
Mike

Joan Korte
05-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Must have been just a temporary glitch since it is working now. Thanks, gentlemen!