View Full Version : Getting rid of the Foreign Versions
11-30-2004, 04:39 AM
I am a relatively new user of BW (which is excellent). The only thing I can't seem to do is get rid of the foreign language Bible Versions. Since I have enough trouble speaking English (never mind Greek and Hebrew) and am a little impatient I could do without the dozens of Turkish, Russian, Spanish etc. versions appearing on the drop down version list etc.
Can anyone point me in the right direction?
11-30-2004, 07:02 AM
Welcome to BW!
Having not done this for a long time, give it a try:
1. Re-insert your BW 6.0 CD
2. Click on the option (something like) "Install/Reconfigure"
3. Choose modify
4. In the next screen, if you uncheck versions/items that you do not want installed it will remove them from your system.
5. So uncheck the ones you do not want and proceed.
This should take care of removing the versions/items you do not want.
There may be versions you want to keep on your hard drive, but that you don't want to see all the time (i.e. when choosing display versions, etc.)
1. From within BW click on View - Choose Display Versions
2. You will see a check box near the bottom of that screen "Show Only Active Display Versions"
3. By checking this box you will ony see those language options for the versions you currently have displayed.
Hope this helps.
12-06-2004, 10:50 AM
Simply remove the database files of the undesired resource (bible, lexicon, dictionary, commentary), i.e. delete or relocate (copy to another folder) the lut* files from the /database folder in the main BibleWorks directory to remove the Revidierte Lutherbible. Determine which files are which by their version ID (scr* = Scrivener 1894 NT, pes* = Peshitta and so on and so forth).
12-12-2004, 05:53 PM
Thank-you for your time.
The first tip worked a treat so I have to admit I didn't try the second, but thanks anyway!
Obvious when you know how and all that.....
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.4 Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.