PDA

View Full Version : Clearing color highlighting

Lane
11-26-2004, 10:40 AM
I have not been able to remove color highlighting from Greek text. I am sure I caused the problem, but cannot correct it. For example, in BYZ certain text is highlighted in violet. After reading the on-line help, I shut down BibleWorks, then deleted byz.clr and bwcolors.dat. When I re-start BibleWorks, the BYZ still has violet highlights. How can I clear all highlighting from this text?
Lane

Philip Brown
11-26-2004, 10:46 AM
Hi, Lane,

A couple suggestions:
1. Perhaps BYM also has coloring and, as a brother text, it is affecting BYZ as well. You might try deleting the BYM color files also.

2. Open the Color Filter and Text Highlighter dialog
Select BYZ
Click the Delete Color File button
Perhaps also try with BYM.

Hope that helps.

Lane
11-26-2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks for the kind and helpful reply, Philip. I didn't give you all the information I might have, not realizing it was relevant. I had already tried deleting every .clr file, to no avail. I still had colors in BOTH byz and bgt that I couldn't get rid of. I finally realized (just minutes ago) that I had text comparisons set to show where these two texts differed. When I un-checked "enable" for this, the colors went away! That is a wonderful feature that I set up the other day, then forgot about it later. BTW, I only upgraded about 10 days ago.

Philip Brown
11-26-2004, 09:07 PM
Glad you decided to upgrade. It only gets better!

Also, glad you solved your mystery. My way of keeping the two separate is to change the font color when I'm using the text highlighter (but not the background color).

I have the text comparison tool highlight the background (but not change the font color).

That makes it easy for me to spot my personal coloring from BW highlighting.