PDA

View Full Version : How to change keyboard-layout in Notes

MortenJensen
02-12-2013, 09:35 AM
Hi all
I am not able to change the keyboard-layout for the Notes-tab. I want to write in Danish with Danish characters.
Can this not be done?
Morten

MortenJensen
02-13-2013, 06:09 PM
Anyone?
Thanks,
Morten

DavidR
02-13-2013, 10:15 PM
If you go to Tools > Interface/Settings > Keyboard Layouts, there is a dialog that lets you select the current language and keyboard. Danish is an option in both of these. I assume you can use this in your notes, but I'm not sure of that.

MortenJensen
02-14-2013, 03:41 AM
I am afraid not - you can set the keyboard layout to Danish anywhere but for Notes and Editor, it seems.

Morten

DavidR
02-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Well, that really is regrettable. I'm sure it's good to be able to type Danish on the Command Line to search Danish versions, but I would think that Notes and Editor would be at least equally as important, since there one is actually typing extensive amounts of text.

I'm going to put in a plug once more for my favorite word processor and overall tool of scholarship, Nota Bene (http://www.notabene.com/). Danish (like other European languages, plus Cyrillic) is readily available both for typing and for spell-checking (as well as for indexing documents, etc.). Though it would be cumbersome, it would be fairly easy to write notes in NB and then copy and paste them into BW notes. But I suppose that might be possible with MS Word as well.