PDA

View Full Version : Mac User - new install

IIIM
01-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Just received BW9.

Installed BW9 according to instructions, etc.

Two problems:

1. I can't open BW9. I have put the correct activation code for BW9 in, but still a no go ??? I tried in in trail mode too - no go.

2. I own several modules from previous versions of BW. I attempted to put their activation numbers in the appropriate place, however the activation codes are too long - not enough spaces to put the entire code ???

I tried calling Tech Support - no answer. I e-mailed Tech Support - still waiting for an answer.

Any assistance would be appreciated. The only thing that went well with BW today was registering here at the forum. :cool:

jfidel
01-23-2013, 05:57 PM
You need the MAC code from the $6 purchase of the Preview version. It does not come with the download but is e mailed later. If you read the other threads in this section of the forum, most are requesting the exact same thing. BW needs to figure out how to communicate this matter better to their customers.

Be patient and wait for the e mail with the Mac Code.

IIIM
01-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Thanks. Tech support emailed the codes - except for BDAG and HALOT. Hopefully these will come shortly. It would be nice to receive these codes with the dvds or immediately upon purchase in an e-mail. Or better yet, have them in our account at BW, so we can use them ....

It is up and running, but w/o my main two add-ons.

Thanks again.

You need the MAC code from the $6 purchase of the Preview version. It does not come with the download but is e mailed later. If you read the other threads in this section of the forum, most are requesting the exact same thing. BW needs to figure out how to communicate this matter better to their customers.

Be patient and wait for the e mail with the Mac Code.

IIIM
01-25-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Support sent me the unlock codes for HALOT and BDAG. However, they are not installing correctly. I have contacted Tech support twice on this issue - still no reply. Can someone here please help.

I followed the on screen instructions from inside BW, it closes BW, giving the dialog box for updating etc. I add these two new codes and insert "Disk 1" (I insured it is the right disk) and I get an error message. This is happening on two different computers, so it has to either be the disk or the codes or ???

Any assistance would be appreciated. I do not wish to be the whole weekend without my main two resources.

jfidel
01-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Once you put in disk 1 there is a dialog that comes up that requires entry of the code and also an enter so it goes in a box below. This allows for the entry of multiple codes at once. if you are doing that then it must be the codes. I would show some screenshots, but alas my MBP does not have a media reader and I am not near my portable unit.

Hopefully BW folks will get back with you.

IIIM
01-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Thanks.

After about the 27th attempt (I think literally) it finally loaded on one of my computers. I used the same process each time ... basically what you have written above (screen instructions from BW). Not sure why it did not desire to load before - the licenses were copied and automatically put in the blank - and then double checked and added - so that was not the problem, et. al. There has to be a way to make this simpler (i.e. e-mail code, open BW, put code in blank, select update - no more disks).

At least it is loaded on one computer, now for the laptop .... :rolleyes: