PDA

View Full Version : ESV Notes showing up in XML form

slackcc
01-08-2013, 08:06 PM
Hi all,

I just began running the BW9 Mac preview and found an issue, I searched the forum but didn't find any reference to this.

When I view any text in the ESV the notes show up in the reading pane in XML (or something similar) format. See below:

ESV Judges 1:1 After the death of Joshua, the people of Israel ainquired of the LORD, b"Who shall go up first for us against the Canaanites, to fight against them?" {<p><rsup>a</rsup> Num 27:21; 1Sa 22:10; 2Sa 2:1 <p><rsup>b</rsup> ch. 20:18 } (Jdg 1:1 ESV)

This behavior appears consistent throughout the ESV but does not appear to affect other versions (I checked numerous, but not all). The notes do also appear properly in the analysis window as usual but they just don't seem to be hidden in the reading pane as they should be.

I am running Version 9r3-3 (11.0.3.26056).

Thanks!

Chris

admin
01-14-2013, 10:27 AM
Chris, if you apply the current EXE update (Help | BibleWorks on the Internet | Check for Updates), does the problem still appear? Under 9.0.011t I do not see the glitch.
Michael

slackcc
01-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi Michael,

I just updated and sure enough the problem is gone. The 2 things that updated were the exe file and the ESV data, so I'm not sure which one fixed the problem but it looks great now.

Thanks!

Chris

aay
01-26-2013, 08:47 PM
Hi Michael,

I just updated and sure enough the problem is gone. The 2 things that updated were the exe file and the ESV data, so I'm not sure which one fixed the problem but it looks great now.

Thanks!

Chris

Hmm. I'm having the same problem using BW with Crossover Office for Linux. No fix after applying exe and ESV updates. Any ideas? Other English versions (NAS, NIV, etc) show up fine.

Thanks!

Adam