PDA

View Full Version : I have BW9 in DVD but my new notebook did not have the media drive

Adriano Patussi
11-20-2012, 07:55 PM
I have BW9 in my notebook (installed by DVD), but it was broke.

Then I bought one ultrabook, but it have not the media drive.

How can I install the BW9 in my new ultrabook without media drive?

BW9 runs normally with Win8 (64 bit)?

SkipB
11-20-2012, 11:54 PM
Adriano,
Do you know anyone who has an external USB dvd drive that you can borrow? Do you have a desktop with a drive installed? The USB Drive is the easiest option, but it should also be possible to use a drive on a desktop as a remote network drive.

As far as Win8, I have not encountered any problems with BibleWorks9 running from the desktop.

Adriano Patussi
11-21-2012, 06:41 AM
Adriano,
Do you know anyone who has an external USB dvd drive that you can borrow? Do you have a desktop with a drive installed? The USB Drive is the easiest option, but it should also be possible to use a drive on a desktop as a remote network drive.

As far as Win8, I have not encountered any problems with BibleWorks9 running from the desktop.
Thank you, SkipB

I haven't an external USB DVD drive, but if this is the only option, I will try to get one, because I use/need BW very much in my preaching.

I have a external USB HD and a big Dropbox (16 gb).

Is it possible to install the BW9 from USB HD or Dropbox folder?

SkipB
11-21-2012, 09:59 AM
Check the thread "BibleWorks 8 on a Netbook," http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?4494-BibleWorks-8-on-a-Netbook/page2
Both Scott and Mark have installed from Network and from flash drive so it is certainly possible.

haydnguy
12-21-2012, 02:48 AM
I just bought a new notebook and it doesn't have a CD/DVD drive either. It's not an immediate problem for me because I run Bibleworks on my desktop but eventually I could see this as being a headache.

Michael Hanel
12-21-2012, 11:43 AM
I just bought a new notebook and it doesn't have a CD/DVD drive either. It's not an immediate problem for me because I run Bibleworks on my desktop but eventually I could see this as being a headache.

It could very well be that BW is going to have to think more seriously about offering the program either on a flash drive or direct download. We're sort of getting to the tipping point where computers are both becoming more powerful and smaller so that the optical drive issue is becoming much more common than it once was. I wouldn't look forward to a download of all of the BW materials because that would be a tremendously huge download, but if customers want to use the program but can't install it, the extra hassle may be the future.

Adelphos
12-21-2012, 01:13 PM

I think I posted this info in another, similar thread, but I have successfully copied the BW8 installation files to a flash drive and then installed BW8 on my netbook. If I remember, you have to overwrite a .CAB files or something when the copy the files over, but it's apparently the same file so it doesn't affect installation.

Also, you can buy a portable CD/DVD drive with a USB interface for very little cost nowadays, which I have also used to install BW on a netbook.

Adelphos
12-21-2012, 03:56 PM
I forgot to mention... if you ARE going to install BW on your netbook, you better do it before midnight tonight, i.e., before the world ends. :mad: