PDA

View Full Version : Updating books.bna to books_sbl.bna or customizing in Mac Preview BW9

Fred Long
10-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Hi, I love the new BW9--I switched over to a mac about 2 years ago and have missed working with BW9 in class and in research. Now I can use it once again. One thing that I need to change is how the exported biblical book abbreviations are given--I need to use either books_sbl.bna or to copy and paste my own version of this from an edited version of books.bna. How do I do this? I searched my MacBook for books.bna, and could not find it after I installed the Mac Preview BW9--the files seem to be hidden or changed or something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Michael Hanel
10-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi, I love the new BW9--I switched over to a mac about 2 years ago and have missed working with BW9 in class and in research. Now I can use it once again. One thing that I need to change is how the exported biblical book abbreviations are given--I need to use either books_sbl.bna or to copy and paste my own version of this from an edited version of books.bna. How do I do this? I searched my MacBook for books.bna, and could not find it after I installed the Mac Preview BW9--the files seem to be hidden or changed or something.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Well you just go to the C:\ prompt... Just kidding!

The way to access the BibleWorks folder (that I know of) is to do the following....

Open Finder.
Hold Option and select Go | Library.
Go to Library | Application Support | BibleWorks |Bottles | Bibleworks | drive_c | Program Files | BibleWorks 9

After you navigate to your \init\ folder, you can use Preview (or some other basic text editor) to edit the files.