PDA

View Full Version : syriach flash cards in BW

Cs Pilgrim
11-12-2004, 07:10 AM
HI there, I am a new user to BW. I am starting my PhD in january 2005 and want to get to know BW well before then. I will be studying Syriach this coming year and wanted to know if it is possible to set up flash cards for syriach in BW. If it is possible or someone else has allready done so any advice would be greatly welcomed. Since regestering I have read practically all of the forum and am quite excited about being part of this and having a good data base to sound ideas off and to pick up new ways of studying the biblical texts. Thanks
Colin

Joe Fleener
11-12-2004, 05:00 PM
As with most things, it is not that it cannot be done, it is that is has not yet been done.

I am not aware of any such flashcards, but I would imagine they could be made.

Where will you be doing your PhD?

Cs Pilgrim
11-15-2004, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the reply. I thought that would be the case but it was worth asking, there's not point in reinventing the wheel as they say. I shall be doing my PhD at The Queen's University of Belfast, at Union Theological College. Not starting until janaury so brushing up on my Greek these weeks before. I wanted to studay one other language during my study period, originally it was going to be coptic but was advised to do Syriac (without the "h" this time), so we will see how that goes.
Had a look at your site and will try out the paradigms for pocket pc, they should work on an ipaq shouldn't they?
Anyway thanks for all your hard work it makes things easier to get started as BW can look pretty daunting even if very exciting.
thanks Again