PDA

View Full Version : Bhs

lukeh021471
09-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I can't seem to find my BHS in my bibleworks 9. I only have WTT:confused:. Did it get taken out?
Thank You

Michael Hanel
09-09-2012, 02:56 PM
I can't seem to find my BHS in my bibleworks 9. I only have WTT:confused:. Did it get taken out?
Thank You

BHS = WTT.

The WTT Hebrew text is based on the Michigan-Claremont Hebrew text, encoded in 1981-1982 at the University of Michigan under the direction of H. Van Dyke Parunak (of the University of Michigan) and Richard E. Whitaker (of the Institute for Antiquity and Christianity, Claremont Graduate University) with the financial support of the Packard Foundation. The Michigan-Claremont text is an encoding of Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia, which in turn attempts to be a faithful reproduction of the latest hand of the Leningrad Codex. The text included in BibleWorks is the Hebrew text distributed with the Groves-Wheeler Westminster Morphology and Lemma Database (WTM) and has been edited over the years to bring it into greater conformity with the Leningrad Codex.

ISalzman
09-10-2012, 09:44 AM
It may be helpful for Luke to know that the critical apparatus of BHS is not included in BibleWorks though.

bkMitchell
09-10-2012, 05:42 PM
It may be helpful for Luke to know that the critical apparatus of BHS is not included in BibleWorks though.

Glad you mentioned that!
I had forgot about this commonly held misconception.

I wonder if there are any Hebrew projects out there that are similar to the CSNTM photo project or the CNTTS apparatus?

OH, and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you ISalzman!

ISalzman
09-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Thank you, Brian. Unfortunately, I'm not getting better, only older! :(

Blessings to you in Japan.

Irving

Dale A. Brueggemann
09-13-2012, 12:35 AM
I wonder if there are any Hebrew projects out there that are similar to the CSNTM photo project or the CNTTS apparatus?

Whew! Wouldn't that be wonderful!

lukeh021471
09-16-2012, 11:37 AM
thank you for the replies:D