PDA

View Full Version : NET notes fonts

Gontroppo
11-08-2004, 03:57 PM
I am ploughing through 1 Corinthians 7 in the NET Bible, in preparation for preaching on Sunday. In the notes for verse 5 I have come across a couple of those oblong boxes you get when a character is not displayed correctly. Anyone remember those from some displays of

~il;v'Wry>

Is this a BibleWorks 6 with all the latest updates fault, or is there something wrong on my beastie?

David McKay

o[ti o` qeo.j o` eivpw,n\ evk sko,touj fw/j la,myei(

o]j e;lamyen evn tai/j kardi,aij h`mw/n

pro.j fwtismo.n th/j gnw,sewj th/j do,xhj tou/ qeou/

evn prosw,pw| VIhsou/ Cristou/

Philip Brown
11-08-2004, 04:12 PM
NET Notes (1Co 7:5)

5 tc Most later witnesses (2 sy) add "fasting and" (th/| nhstei,a| kai,, te nesteia kai) before "prayer." But such an addition is motivated by ascetic concerns; further, its lack in 11vid,46 * A B C D F G P Y 33 1739 1881 2464 al latt co argues decisively against its authenticity.

6 tn Grk "and be together again."

Hi, David,

I'd suggest deleting your bw*.ttf fonts from your fonts folder and reinstalling them from the BibleWorks 6\ folder.

That will probably fix it.

Philip

Gontroppo
11-08-2004, 11:40 PM
G'day
Now I'm even more confused
Isn't the character before the 2 one of those funny markers, when a character isn't represented properly, or is it meant to look like that?

David McKay

Philip Brown
11-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Hi, Dave,

The character before the 2 is the Hebrew letter Aleph, which in NT textual criticism stands for the manuscript called Sinaiticus. The next funky letter is a Gothic M which is the sigla for the majority of the Byzantine NT manuscripts. The fancy P later on is the sigla for papyri.

Hope that helps some.

Philip Brown

Gontroppo
11-09-2004, 07:13 AM
G'day Phil
So I do have a problem!
I assumed that you were seeing what I was seeing! Dumb, aren't I?

Must try your install thing!

David McKay
http://members.ozemail.com.au/~musicke

Gontroppo
11-09-2004, 07:19 AM
... as we musicians say!

Thanks, Phil!
I wonder how that happened!

David McKay