PDA

View Full Version : It's quiet

Dan Phillips
09-06-2012, 11:09 AM
Too quiet.

We haven't been getting BW updates. You know what that usually means. It means the merry little elves in the BW Workshop are closing in on a new version. Or so I hypothesize.

So... wonder what it will have? I guess I have no imagination: to me, BW is really so splendid, I'm not sure what they could do to upgrade apart from working on the formatting to show paragraphs, poetic text, and the like.

Predictions?

DavidR
09-06-2012, 11:52 AM
What's your current version, Dan? I'm up to 9.0.010s.1, which I got just a day or two ago. I've also gotten a couple of previous ones in the last week or two. If yours is earlier, you may need to check for an update manually.

Michael Hanel
09-06-2012, 12:21 PM
I don't mind being wrong, but I don't see a new version in the near horizon. BW9 was released last summer and unless there's a change in philosophy, BW typically does not push out new versions that quickly. What likely is happening however is work being done to optimize BW9 for Windows 8.

Dan Phillips
09-06-2012, 12:34 PM
The same version, DavidR. I'm up to date.

MBushell
09-06-2012, 01:17 PM
The same version, DavidR. I'm up to date.

Mike is right. There is no new version coming soon. We typically don't release new versions so soon after a release. That would just be soaking customers for money. We are also waiting to see how some of the current changes in the marketplace pan out before allocating resources. We see Windows 8 as a really big deal, especially the intel pad computer side of it. So basically, enjoy BibleWorks 9 and stay tuned. The lack of frequent updates just means that the program is stable!
Mike

DavidR
09-06-2012, 03:50 PM
As long as Windows 8 has been mentioned ... from what I've heard, it will be a very big deal for the tablet platform, and it will be great if BW can expand into that market. OTOH, I don't have a tablet and don't expect to get one. Also from what I've heard, Windows 8 is going to want to turn my desktop computer into a tablet.:p I hope that BW won't put a lot of effort into adapting to ... what? desktoplets? I predict that in that respect Windows 8 will be the (un)worthy successor to Windows ME and Vista. Every other version of Windows, they seem to get it right. Windows 7 is great. Looking forward to 9.

bkMitchell
09-07-2012, 08:20 PM
...So basically, enjoy BibleWorks 9 and stay tuned...

I will!:)

BibleWorks continues to be the first Bible program on the Windows platform I recommend purchasing.
There maybe other programs that are more subjectively aesthetically pleasing, but there aren't any other Bible search and retrieve programs that offer the level of sophistication and power BibleWorks does. I was surprised to learn that the current biggest Bible Software provider's program still in unable to; produce vowel/accent sensitive Hebrew searches, search on punctuation, and run wild card searches on accent/vowel patterns. These are all things I had taken for granted a Bible Software should be able to do! To say nothing of the wonderful Graphic search engine, that actually makes formulating queries easier than on the command line, in my opinion.

In short I and mine plan to continue to support BibleWorks no matter what happens in the marketplace! Keep up the good works and May God bless you and yours,

A very satisfied and spoiled BibleWorks9 user,
Brian