PDA

View Full Version : Error message when trying to copy a number of chapters

Arries
11-05-2004, 04:02 AM
I am busy with research on Matthew and want to copy and paste the first twenty chapters into WordPerfect from BNM (in other words with the morphological codes). When I highlight the text in order to copy it, I get a Windows error message usually somewhere within chapter 5 or 6, but sometimes only in chapter 9. BibleWorks then exits. I have tried it on two different computers (600 mHz, 512 MB ram as well as 2,4 GHz and 256 MB ram) with the same results.

I have already reported that I can export the text from the database, but then many of the roots of the Greek words are replaced by something that looks like a xhi to the power of 5.

This is a serious hassle at the moment and any help would be appreciated.

Arnau van Wyngaard
South Africa

arggem
11-05-2004, 08:55 AM
Hi Arnau! And welcome to the BW Forum.

Try using the copy center and see if that doesn't do what you want:

TOOLS/COPY CENTER
Click the button for Range of Verses
type the range
type BNM (Make sure no other versions are listed, or you will get those copied also)

On the right side of the copy center dialogue box, select "copy to application with this title",

Then Click Copy and wait a few moments. It should copy the entire text with codes into your document.

There are probably other ways do do it, so if this doesn't do what you want, write back and someone will figure out a better solution!

Arries
11-05-2004, 09:40 AM
Thanks, that did the trick. I am still puzzled why the normal method (Select, Copy, Paste) does not work. Select All does not work at all, although it is an option.

But at least the other method worked.

Arnau

arggem
11-05-2004, 10:15 AM
I'm glad it worked! That's the main thing!

Charlie
11-09-2004, 12:18 PM
Arnau,

I cannot duplicate the problem here. I would be glad to help you resolve the problem. If you're interested just go to http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135 (http://www.bibleworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135) and follow the troubleshooting steps there. Then contact support@bibleworks.com (support@bibleworks.com) with the results of those steps.