PDA

View Full Version : "Getting Started"-Window wonīt adapt to my screen

christlove
07-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Hello.

I canīt adapt the Getting Started/Study Guides-Window to my screen. Neither does it automatically adapt nor am I able to adapt it by pulling and dragging, which means that the size of the window stays always the same. Iīm not able to see the low range of the window/the down-scroll-arrow. The program (maybe Windows) thinks the window is completely displayed on my screen but it isnīt.
If I watch a study guides-video I canīt scroll at all, which means I can not press pause or sth which is very annoying.

I use an acer eee netbook, which I suspect has something to do with that problem because with my older 15,4 inch Laptop the problem wasnīt known to me. I use Win 7 Home Premium and BW 8.

Does anybody know help or had the same experience?

Blessings,
Steffen

MBushell
07-21-2012, 11:01 AM
Hello.

I canīt adapt the Getting Started/Study Guides-Window to my screen. Neither does it automatically adapt nor am I able to adapt it by pulling and dragging, which means that the size of the window stays always the same. Iīm not able to see the low range of the window/the down-scroll-arrow. The program (maybe Windows) thinks the window is completely displayed on my screen but it isnīt.
If I watch a study guides-video I canīt scroll at all, which means I can not press pause or sth which is very annoying.

I use an acer eee netbook, which I suspect has something to do with that problem because with my older 15,4 inch Laptop the problem wasnīt known to me. I use Win 7 Home Premium and BW 8.

Does anybody know help or had the same experience?

Blessings,
Steffen

Hi Steffen. The resolution on your computer is 800x640. The minimum size for BW8 is 1014x653 for full functionality. The program will work on smaller screens but some windows will be cut off. The study guides use fixed size videos. We recorded them at the smallest size that made sense for all users. If we had made them smaller the ability to view many features would be limited for all users, not just those with small screens. Videos can sometimes be resized but videos of computer screens don't resize well. They generally look awful. I am sorry that you are having this problem but there isn't much that can be done.

Mike

christlove
07-21-2012, 08:18 PM
Hey Mike.

Sorry but I made a typing error. I wrote Acer but I meant Asus eee.
However, your answer makes fully sense to me.
Iīve found a freeware program which bypasses the problem.

Thanks for your time.

Steffen