PDA

View Full Version : SCripture-tagging tool?

Ben Spackman
07-14-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm about to start copying a lot of text into my notes from another source, which has a lot of scripture references. I'd like to link all those references without doing it manually. Has anyone developed a script or tool to feed the note file into, and it spits it out with the references tagged? Seems like it wouldn't be that tricky to do. I have enough programming that I can imagine how it might be done, but not enough to actually pull it off. And if anyone else has done so, I'm reluctant to reinvent the wheel.
Thanks

Glenn Weaver
07-16-2012, 08:54 AM
Hi Ben,

There might be a way to do what you request. I did some initial testing, and if you copy HTML text that has been tagged using the CHM Custom Module Index tool, then the hyperlinks work in the Editor notes.

(To do this save your text as HTML, then place the file in a single directory and run the Custom Module Index Tool, following the directions under Custom Modules in the Help file. You do not have to do everything in the list, since you are not building a CHM file. All you need to do is to using the Custom Module Index Tool. This requires having a bookname file. You do not need to add the javascript statements as you would for the CHM file. If you need help with this, feel free to email me at gweaver at your favorite Bible software .com.)

I expect that this should work fine, but this has not been thoroughly tested. This would save a lot of hand tagging.

Blessings,
Glenn

Ben Spackman
07-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Excellent, thanks Glen! You'll be hearing from me, I'm sure.