PDA

View Full Version : Erasing search string when term(s) not found?

John Parsons
07-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Hello BibleWorks!

It would be nice not to have to retype my search terms(s) when BibleWorks does not detect them in the current database version. For instance, if I search make the simple search "knowledge puffs" and the KJV is the active version, BW will display an error message (see below), force you to click OK, and then promptly erase the string, rather then allowing you to simply correct the spelling, etc., and resubmit the search. This is somewhat time-consuming, esp. if you have typed in a larger text string (e.g., "love, joy, peace, patience," and so on.

Either way, thanks for your help. I love BibleWorks and appreciate your great service!

Michael Hanel
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
Hello BibleWorks!

It would be nice not to have to retype my search terms(s) when BibleWorks does not detect them in the current database version. For instance, if I search make the simple search "knowledge puffs" and the KJV is the active version, BW will display an error message (see below), force you to click OK, and then promptly erase the string, rather then allowing you to simply correct the spelling, etc., and resubmit the search. This is somewhat time-consuming, esp. if you have typed in a larger text string (e.g., "love, joy, peace, patience," and so on.

Either way, thanks for your help. I love BibleWorks and appreciate your great service!

When you click on the command line, press the up arrow to bring your search back without retyping it.

MGVH
07-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Do like Michael says!
And remember that the arrow to the right of the command line box has your whole history of command line inputs. Click on it to get the dropdown.

John Parsons
07-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Many thanks! :D

Lee
07-11-2012, 11:13 AM
Great info--I had always found this a hassle too, never realizing this option was available. Thank you very much.