PDA

View Full Version : Wild card search in WTM with vowels "on"

jimofbentley
06-28-2012, 09:34 PM
How do you do a wild card search in WTM (or WTT for that matter) with the vowels "on", when the "*" character used to indicate the wild card becomes a vowel?

Thanks.

Michael Hanel
06-28-2012, 09:49 PM
How do you do a wild card search in WTM (or WTT for that matter) with the vowels "on", when the "*" character used to indicate the wild card becomes a vowel?

Thanks.

Toggle with the Insert key.

jimofbentley
06-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Toggle with the Insert key.

Thank you very much.

Although I did have to look around for a while to find the "insert" key on my keyboard.

I have ever used it.

Didn't even know it was there!! :o

Jim Wert
06-30-2012, 01:11 PM
The context menu (right click on the command line) allows you to insert any search code.
So if you right click and select "Insert Search Parameter Code" BW will insert the code of your choice at the cursor position.

Alternatively, from that same context menu you can select "Code Insertion Buttons" which puts a row of buttons under the command line. This saves the right click, but takes up a little real estate. But to use these buttons you probably have to disable the command line word list popup. (Tools / Options / Command Line Configuration Options / Enable command line word list popup). Otherwise the word list overlays the buttons.

jimofbentley
07-01-2012, 12:31 PM
More good tips.

Thank you!!