PDA

View Full Version : Can't Open BW

medmont
03-30-2012, 07:52 AM
I updated this morning (3/30/12) and something went wrong. Lots of Greek files - can't remember what the updates were, sorry. Never happened to me in all my years using this program. Said BW had stopped working. I shut down. When I started program again, it said it was rebuildig MDB file. Then it stopped working again. Repeated this many times. Bottom line, I can't open BW now. Always get the same message. Am I going to have to re-install the program?

Andrew Chuter
03-30-2012, 08:03 AM
I updated this morning (3/30/12) and something went wrong. Lots of Greek files - can't remember what the updates were, sorry. Never happened to me in all my years using this program. Said BW had stopped working. I shut down. When I started program again, it said it was rebuildig MDB file. Then it stopped working again. Repeated this many times. Bottom line, I can't open BW now. Always get the same message. Am I going to have to re-install the program?

See Update Problem thread and suggested temporary solution.
Andrew

medmont
03-30-2012, 02:20 PM
I went to the thread suggested about update problems. The solution worked. Thanks for directing me to the fix! I'm relieved. This is a wonderful forum. Blessings to all!

Mark Cannon
03-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Our programmers have fixed the bug and posted a new update that does not cause the crash error you experienced. You can do the following to fix the problem and to get the latest update.

1. If you have not restored back to a previous checkpoint and have not yet been able to open BibleWorks properly, please Go to Start |Computer (My Computer if you have Windows XP), then C:\Program Files\BibleWorks9 and find the restart01.txt file, delete the restart01.txt from theBibleWorks folder and restart the program.

2. If you have restored back to a previous checkpoint or used step 1 to restore the ability to open BibleWorks properly, you can nowapply the BibleWorks Executable 9.0.008w.1 (or later).

The BibleWorks Executable 9.0.008w.1 (or later), will rebuild the bgt.mdb file which may have been left corrupted by the last executable. All affected users should run this version to correct that possible problem. It will rebuild the bgt.mdb file, but not cause the crash.