PDA

View Full Version : Junior Member?

dribex
02-03-2012, 08:27 PM
No offense taken but I have been using BW since the 80"s and I think it was version 2.
I am described as a "Junior Member" in the Forums and I am 64! Thanks for the compliment!

What does it take to ascend the ladder? And what benefits do I get if I do?

Thanks again for this program.

Will

MGVH
02-03-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi, Junior!
Status is determined by number of posts... I forget how many you need to move up.
As for status perks, there are none... except that you don't have to be junior any more. OTOH, I'm getting old enough that being a "senior" member is not necessarily a compliment ...

Michael Hanel
02-03-2012, 11:17 PM
under 30 posts = Junior
under 100 = Member
100+ = Senior

I believe the only perk of the senior membership besides name is the ability to post an avatar to your account.

Jim Wert
02-04-2012, 12:35 AM
I believe the only perk of the senior membership besides name is the ability to post an avatar to your account.

Sorry Michael, but I think the only perk is the bragging rights. Mere members can have an avatar.

Michael Hanel
02-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Sorry Michael, but I think the only perk is the bragging rights. Mere members can have an avatar.

Crumbs! If only I could take all my posts back, they were all in vain! :mad:

bkMitchell
02-04-2012, 06:39 AM
No offense taken but I have been using BW since the 80"s and I think it was version 2.
I am described as a "Junior Member" in the Forums and I am 64! Thanks for the compliment!

What does it take to ascend the ladder? And what benefits do I get if I do?

Thanks again for this program.

Will

Welcome to the forums Will!

BibleWorks started in 1992 (So, unless you have a time machine you must have been using another program in the 80's)
The BibleWorks Forums started in 2004 (and before that there was an E-mail/ internet list group)

It is easy to move up the so called 'ladder' simply post more on these forums! I hope to see you in the future.

DavidR
02-04-2012, 09:46 AM
So, Will, to sum up what Mark, Michael, and Brian have pointed out, the requirement to become a senior member is:
A great desire to help others Time on your hands Difficulty prioritizing, or All of the above;)
But seriously, those of us still lacking this seniority do appreciate the time the "seniors" have taken to help the rest of us out!

Michael Hanel
02-04-2012, 10:53 AM
BibleWorks started in 1992 (So, unless you have a time machine you must have been using another program in the 80's)
The BibleWorks Forums started in 2004 (and before that there was an E-mail/ internet list group)

For some reason you can still access the old internet group list here (http://lists.topica.com/lists/BibleWorks/). I guess it's good if you want to see what BibleWorks used to be back a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. Some things haven't changed: Users are always asking for more things to be included in BibleWorks :)

dribex
02-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Welcome to the forums Will!

I guess that I thought Hermeneutika for DOS was an early primate species of BW. Anyway, I have been with BW since the start.
I think I will get some program that generates posts at the rate of 10 a day so I can become a 64 year old "Senior Member."
You see, "status" is very important to me, and now that I know all the perks of senior citizenship, I want to climb
that corporate ladder, so to speak.

By the way, since Robertson's Word Pictures looks like it is lost to BW, any chance someone will do the Cambridge Greek Testament?

DavidR
02-06-2012, 10:53 AM
I guess that I thought Hermeneutika for DOS was an early primate species of BW. Anyway, I have been with BW since the start.

Well, this got me to wondering and trying to remember back that far.... Senior, umm, yes.... No luck. So I used that trusty wayback machine, the Internet, and found references to BibleWorks as being from Hermeneutika going back to the mid- to late 1990s. And then there is this, from the BibleWorks "about us" page (http://www.bibleworks.com/about.html):

BibleWorks began in 1992. For its first ten years, BibleWorks, LLC performed only software development of the BibleWorks package, with production and distribution handled by Hermeneutika, of Big Fork, Montana. To centralize its operations, in July 2002 BibleWorks, LLC assumed all functions formerly performed by Hermeneutika, consolidating these functions into its office in Norfolk, Virginia.

So there's the connection ... but only back to 1992, not the 80s. But perhaps Hermeneutika was distributing something else in the 80s? I have vague recollections of a printed newsletter (or marketing material?) on biblical software with the name Hermeneutika on it. "Vague" being the operative term. Anyone else with stronger recall?

christlove
02-06-2012, 10:57 AM
I think I will get some program that generates posts at the rate of 10 a day so I can become a 64 year old "Senior Member."You see, "status" is very important to me, and now that I know all the perks of senior citizenship, I want to climb that corporate ladder, so to speak.
Lol, and Im 26 years old and "Senior Member" and I am not the one who can help others out that much - so climb it on ;).

By the way, since Robertson's Word Pictures looks like it is lost to BW, any chance someone will do the Cambridge Greek Testament?

I blow the same horn.

Blessings,
Steffen