PDA

View Full Version : Instability leading to lost notes

jgwalker
01-31-2012, 01:42 PM
Over the last couple of days I've experienced crashes in BiblesWorks 8 that led to loss of significant amounts of works in notes I was working on. Is this a recent update issue other people are experiencing?

More importantly, is there any way to activate (or implement) an autosave for notes?

Michael Hanel
01-31-2012, 02:54 PM
I can't comment on the crashes because I haven't been having them (but I'm also using v. 9), but you can change the autosave minimum in the Notes tab by clicking on the wrench (Set Editor Options). Make sure auotsave is checked in the lower left and then just to the right of it change Auto-save (mins) to 1.

Note: You would have to do this separate for the Editor tab if you want it to follow the same rules.

jgwalker
01-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Thanks for your reply, I didn't even know there was an autosave option. When I looked it was set to 10 minutes but I lost much more than ten minutes' worth of work. Then I noticed that there's a check box to enable autosave.
Hopefully my work will be more secure now.

Michael Hanel
01-31-2012, 09:20 PM
It might also be good to do some follow up with tech support. BibleWorks is not a program that is prone to crashing. Generally when I experience crashes it happens because there is a new update that might introduce a new bug, but 90% of the updates are fine. Otherwise if your program is crashing frequently, it seems to me like there must be something wrong that needs to be fixed.

jgwalker
02-01-2012, 08:51 AM
You're right, Bibleworks is generally exceptionally stable. I've really only experienced two crashes recently but both time I lost several hours of work so I was a bit grumpy when I gave this thread a title. If there are further issues I'll raise the bug issue.