PDA

View Full Version : re-installing windows XP.....what files do I need?

dinosaur
01-15-2012, 02:43 AM
Hi, my computer is so slow.....must reformat the drive and re-install Windows XP. I will then re-install Bibleworks 9. What files do I need to copy and save so that I don't lose any work or my settings?
Thanks
Doug

Mark Eddy
01-17-2012, 11:42 PM
I know that there is another thread which names the types of files you want to keep. Be sure to save your bw900.ini file. But to be safe, I would uninstall BW9. That will leave all the files which you have altered (or which were added by patches). You can either save all of them to an external disk, or you can at least look through them and see which were not added by a patch. After you re-install BW9 and have run the patches, you can copy those saved files back to their proper files in BW9, and your settings should overwrite the defaults.
Mark Eddy

dinosaur
01-20-2012, 02:19 AM
I know that there is another thread which names the types of files you want to keep. Be sure to save your bw900.ini file. But to be safe, I would uninstall BW9. That will leave all the files which you have altered (or which were added by patches). You can either save all of them to an external disk, or you can at least look through them and see which were not added by a patch. After you re-install BW9 and have run the patches, you can copy those saved files back to their proper files in BW9, and your settings should overwrite the defaults.
Mark Eddy

thanks alot