PDA

View Full Version : Program Crashes after recent update.... Help!

jthomp
11-16-2011, 01:58 PM
I recently updated to the latest BibleWorks software update (9.0.006j.1 (SH) and noticed that now after I open the program it crashes. Sometimes it crashes immediately, on other occasions it operates briefly for a while but ultimately crashes. Has anyone else noticed this? I feel relatively sure this problem is related to BibleWorsks. I've not made any changes to my operating system or other applications or hardware in recent days and this began right after my update on yesterday. Appreciate any responses!

James

Michael Hanel
11-16-2011, 02:07 PM
Try upgrading to the latest version (I think it's up to 6n now). I had similar crashing problems that I reported, but they were fixed with the updated version.

jthomp
11-16-2011, 02:14 PM
Hmmm, just upgraded to 9.0.006m.1 (SH)! Didn't know it was out there. Program seems to be running ok. So disregard previous post unless I re-post. I'll keep my fingers crossed in the hopes that what I was experiencing has been resolved in this last update.

calvary
11-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Well, I guess that explains why mine was freezing up on me a few days ago. I wasn't able to recover via the update so I had to un & reinstall BW. :(

It's running okay now but I don't think I'm going to try and load new updates till after Sunday-sermon prep. :)

Dave

MGVH
11-18-2011, 11:56 PM
A better way than un- and re-installing is to start in safe mode.
Hold down the shift key as you click the BW icon to start it.
A dialogue box will open with start up options. In situations like you experienced, I would recommend Option 3: Restore Previous Version (restore checkpoint).
The BW folks did have the update available quite quickly, so you could just wait a day or so and then run the update again from within BW.