PDA

View Full Version : graeca.ttf has just disappeared from my computer!

Mike Fischer
11-13-2011, 10:12 PM
Hello all,

Over the last few weeks been working my way through the Gk. text of Titus, and using BibleWorks to cut-and-paste the Gk. across to Word, for printing out and general pondering/scribbling/translation.

Went to do ch.3 this morning, and instead of the usual Graeca font, I now (mysteriously) have got a document with the font 'SBL Greek' -- which I find far less readable than the Graeca.

So, I'm astounded and stumped to discover that Graeca has somehow totally disappeared from my machine sometime in the last week. Must have been the church mouse...

Any ideas on where I can find this font for reinstallation? I've done a search on the web but I it doesn't seem to be available for free download (and I'm not paying $90 for it, either!).

Thanks,
Mike.

Mike Fischer
11-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Sorry about posting this thread, guys & gals, but I'm not sure what mode my brain is in. It's Monday morning and I must need another mug of caffeine!

It seems I got mixed up between some earlier Gk. text files I'd prepared years ago on Titus (when Logos was my Bible software). My recent files, which I just found, are indeed in the 'SBL Greek' font... (which is actually quite readable once you print it out).

Anyway, I just found Graeca on my old Logos CD! Now at least I can display the Gk. text of my earlier files once again...

So, no need for anyone to trouble themselves any further. :)

Onwards,
Mike.

ISalzman
11-14-2011, 05:24 PM
Glad you got it resolved, Mike. Any relation to your namesake on the Nashville Predators hockey team?

Irving

Mike Fischer
11-15-2011, 11:43 PM
G'day Irving,

Err, not that I know of! Great sounding name for an ice hockey team! I'm afraid it's not exactly a big sport in Western Australia... Once had a school mate who played ice hockey over in Melbourne, though.

Cheers,
Mike.

ISalzman
11-16-2011, 09:12 AM
Ah, g'day to you too, Mike! Didn't realize that you were based in the "land down under." You ought to hook up with Jim Bentley one day. He is a frequent forum user in your neck of the woods. I guess Cricket would be your sport of choice over there? Or Australian Rugby?

Irving

Mike Fischer
11-30-2011, 09:18 PM
G'day Irving,

The 'sport of choice' all depends on where you live in this continent (and it's pretty big... practically identical in size to continental USA, I believe). In New South Wales it's rugby (two codes, though: 'League' and the more traditional 'Union'). Cricket attracts a country-wide following, as does AFL football, which would probably be the most popular sport here in Perth. In the last decade or so, soccer (= 'football' for most of the world) has grown in popularity. So it's a bit of a mixed bag, all up. Something for everyone!

Cheers,
Mike.