PDA

View Full Version : Problem with greek LXX versions Verse Mapping Files

Jim Wert
11-02-2011, 05:16 PM
I have sent the following information to service@bibleworks.com.

I am repeating it here in case any of you wish to to deal with it before they get around to it.

Currently in BW9 the vmf file for LXT, BLM, BGT, BGM maps many of the verses in Jsa, Jda, Tbs, Sut, Dat, & Bet to themselves, rather than to Jos, Jdg, Tob, Sus, Dan, & Bel.
This causes the "Show all LXX variants in Browse Window" option to not work, as well as not showing the variant readings when a non-LXX version is the search version.

I don't know whether this problem was introduced with BW9, or with a more recent update to the verse mapping file. Both BW7 and BW8 have the correct mappings.

I attach a corrected mapping fille; all four LXX versions named above use identical vmf's.

The GRT, user-supplied transliteration of BGT, also uses the a copy of the same vmf as the above versions.

This forum does not accept .vmf files as attachments, so the attached file is named bgt.txt.
Consult BW9 help concerning .vmf files if you wish to use it. (and remember to delete the associated .vmc files so BW will recompile the .vmf files)

--Jim

Michael Hanel
11-02-2011, 06:20 PM
I do not know whether this is related at all or not, but in beta testing I did notice problems when some of these "extra" books occurred in the X-refs database. But that got fixed. Possibly that fix changed this? I don't know if it did or not, but that's the only change I know of that could be responsible.

Mark Eddy
11-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Mea culpa. Apparently I provided the four verse map files in question, which are file I am experimenting with on my own computer, so that I can produce an LXX variants file. I have now sent the correct files to BW, and they should be provided as a patch soon.
Since I usually use a Greek database for searches, I did not notice the mix-up. Sorry for any trouble this caused you.
Mark Eddy