PDA

View Full Version : morphology list to word list

Andrew Steinmann
10-26-2011, 03:00 PM
I have a list of verbs occuring in a portion of the OT that I generated from WTM using the word list manager. All of the forms, of course, are listed by root with morphology tagging. Is there a way to generate a matching list of the actual verb forms the way they appear in the OT text (i.e., in WTT with prefixed items and pronominal suffixes when present)? I would like to generate such a list in the same order as the WTM list, so that the two lists correspond to year other item-by-item.

Dan Witte
10-26-2011, 06:02 PM
Is this Classroom Tip helpful, at least in part?

"Listing Hebrew Verbs in a Passage"--

http://www.bibleworks.com/classroom/3_01/index.html
(http://www.bibleworks.com/classroom/3_01/index.html)
Dan Witte

Andrew Steinmann
10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
I tried the method in that classroom tip, but it doesn't work for two reasons: 1. The KWIC list is not in the same order for both searches. 2. The KWIC list produced for WTT does not include prefixed conjunctions and prepositions or pronominal suffixes.

Glenn Weaver
10-27-2011, 09:54 AM
Hi Andrew,

If I understand correctly what you want to accomplish (and please let me know if I do not), I think that the KWIC search will do what you want, but you will want to tweak a couple of settings to meet your specific need. (Just so the search is clear, you need to use the upper pane in the KWIC window, not the lower pane.)

In answer to your first item, you are only searching on the WTM. In order to show the WTT word list you will need to use the "Options | Display Brother Text (in KWIC)" setting on the KWIC menu. First run the search with WTM with the Display Brother Text unchecked, then copy the upper window contents. Then check the option to Display Brother Text and run the search again. In this second running of the search the WTT text appears in the upper window. Since the search is always in the WTM, the search hits will always be in the same order.

The Classroom Tip example instructed you to set the Left and Right Words to 0. The purpose in doing that was to remove such things as prefixed prepositions, etc. But in your case you want to include them. Therefore, set the Left and Right Words setting to 1 or 2. This results in such items as prefixes and suffixes being retained. However, you will also have some extra words appearing before and after the search word. You will have to remove these manually after you export the KWIC list to your word processor.

If this does not solve what you need, please contact me and I will be glad to help. My email is gweaver at your favorite Bible software company .com.

Blessings,
Glenn