PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Verse Tabs Open Simultaneously

ISalzman
10-24-2011, 09:24 PM
Does anyone know if it's possible to have more that one verse tab - even multiple ones - in the analysis window? And could they both be viewed simultaneously? Here's what I would love to be able to do, for example. I would love to have the NET Bible Notes display in one verse tab, the ESV Study Bible in another, and Metzger's Text-Critical Handbook in another. And have them all viewable at once. Possible? Grateful for replies.

Irving

Mark Eddy
10-27-2011, 12:48 AM
You cannot view them all simultaneously in the Verse tab, because only one Verse tab can be open at a time (unless you open multiple versions of BW at the same time). However, you can view all these resources simultaneously, if you open them as separate windows by clicking on "Resources" then chosing them from the list of "Commentaries" (for ESV and NET) or Metzger under "Text Criticism." So you can have one open in the Verse tab, and the other two open in floating/movable windows.
Mark Eddy

MGVH
10-27-2011, 10:47 AM
Mark Eddy has given you the correct solution. Another way to open the floating windows is:

Have the "Verse" tab visible
Choose one of the resources you want
Click on the "Expand" button

That does the same thing that Mark Eddy noted, but it might be a quicker way to get there.

ISalzman
10-27-2011, 11:08 AM
Thanks Mark and Mark. I will try your suggestions a little later when I'm at my PC with my BW9 installation. However, in the interim, a couple of questions come to mind. If I open the resources in floating windows, I am really dealing with CHM versions, correct? Would they track with me if I move to different verses in the Browse Window? Also, do you know if it is possible to dock floating/moveable windows? Grateful for your responses.

MGVH
10-27-2011, 10:24 PM
If I open the resources in floating windows, I am really dealing with CHM versions, correct? YES

Would they track with me if I move to different verses in the Browse Window? NO, BUT IF YOU RETURN TO THAT RESOURCE IN THE "VERSE" TAB AND HIT "EXPAND" AGAIN, IT WILL UPDATE TO MATCH THE VERSE IN VIEW (IT WILL NOT OPEN ANOTHER WINDOW.)

Also, do you know if it is possible to dock floating/moveable windows? NO

ISalzman
10-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Thanks for all the responses, Mark.