PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks Updater Question

ISalzman
10-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Hi All,

One of the updates that the BW Updater shows is BibleWorks Fonts (Mac Format). Is this anything relevant for Windows PC users? Should it be applied or ignored? Grateful for the feedback. Thanks.

Glenn Weaver
10-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Hi Irving,

The update is only for Mac fonts. If you don't need the Mac fonts, then you do not need to download this update.

Blessings,
Glenn

ISalzman
10-17-2011, 09:38 AM
Thank you, Glenn. Forgive the followup questions for my own clarity. But would Mac fonts even display correctly on a Windows machine? And would there be any need or relevancy for a Windows user such as myself to have the Mac fonts on my system? (For example, I'm thinking that it may be advantageous for me to have Mac fonts in the case I were ever to send a document to a friend or colleague who was a Mac user. Perhaps in that way, the document would display properly on his system?) Anyway, I hope I haven't confused you. I'm basically just wondering if there is any application or reason for a Windows user to download the Mac fonts.

Glenn Weaver
10-17-2011, 09:52 AM
Hi Irving,

No, the Mac fonts probably won't display on your Windows machine at all. The fonts are essntially for those who are running BW on a virtual machine on their Mac, and what the fonts on their Mac side, or if you are sending docuemnts containing BW fonts to those who are using a Mac. Otherwise there is no need to download the Mac fonts on a Windows machine.

Blessings,
Glenn

ISalzman
10-17-2011, 10:26 AM
Thanks much, Glenn.

Blessings,

Irving