PDA

View Full Version : WTM Search: Interrogative ה excluding following nouns and pronouns

dmiller
09-25-2011, 07:07 PM
Hello,

I want to do a search for all occurrences of the interrogative ה in the WTM database that are not followed by a noun or pronoun. A search that would show me all occurrences of the inseparable interrogative ה followed by only nouns and pronouns would do the trick as well. This is what I have so far: 'ה@Pg.

Thanks for your help!

dmiller
Briercrest College

P.S. If anyone can point me to a guide to advanced BibleWorks searches using only Hebrew (or Greek) examples, I would appreciate it!

Mark Eddy
09-26-2011, 01:10 AM
How about this search with WTM as the search version?: 'h@Pg* !*@[np]*
This will search for strings beginning with an interrogative heh, but not (!) followed by a noun or pronoun. It yields 509 hits in 489 verses.
I don't know of any place where you can find examples of searches in just Hebrew or Greek. But BibleWorks Help has a list of command line examples, beginning with English and proceding to Greek and Hebrew. To access it, under the command line click on "Tools" and click on the last item in the list "command line examples."
Mark Eddy

dmiller
09-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Thanks, Mark. I'm aware of the command line examples. It would really help to have a dedicated how-to page or video for users of Hebrew and Greek. It's powerful originall language search capabilities are where BibleWorks shines, after all.