PDA

View Full Version : Query: command line

sdd
09-16-2011, 01:17 PM
[BW9] When I enter a word in the command line to search for it (ie, ".holy") the dropdown box appears listing words that match my typing. I can use the keyboard to move up and down the list, but to actually select a word for it to appear on the command line I need to double-click with the mouse. Is it possible to do this with a keyboard press so that I don't need to leave the keyboard. It is annoying to have to use the mouse when most things can be down with the keyboard.

Stephen.

Dan Witte
09-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Push your "esc" key, then start typing (for instance, ".hol"-- no quotes-- if you're trying to search on the word "holy" or "holiest."

When the drop-down menu appears, use your down arrow key to scroll to the word you want. You won't have to use your mouse at all.

Dan Witte

Lee
09-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Push your "esc" key, then start typing (for instance, ".hol"-- no quotes-- if you're trying to search on the word "holy" or "holiest."

When the drop-down menu appears, use your down arrow key to scroll to the word you want. You won't have to use your mouse at all.

Dan Witte

But how do you select the word (i.e., enter it in the command line) without clicking on the mouse?

Nord Zootman
09-17-2011, 12:04 AM
All you need to do is hit the enter key after you have selected the word with the keyboard arrows.

Joe Whalen
09-17-2011, 09:05 AM
if you command line .hol and then scroll down w/ the arrow keys to "holy" and just hit <ENTER>, BW8 will try searching for the word "hol" and report that it can't find that word.

But if you scroll to "holy" and then hold <SHIFT> down and then hit <ENTER>, BW8 will replace ".hol" with ".holy" Then release the shift key and hit <ENTER> again and BW8 will search for "holy"

Lee
09-17-2011, 05:56 PM
if you command line .hol and then scroll down w/ the arrow keys to "holy" and just hit <ENTER>, BW8 will try searching for the word "hol" and report that it can't find that word.

But if you scroll to "holy" and then hold <SHIFT> down and then hit <ENTER>, BW8 will replace ".hol" with ".holy" Then release the shift key and hit <ENTER> again and BW8 will search for "holy"

That's it! Thanks for the answer, and thanks sdd for the question--I had always wondered why simply hitting enter wouldn't do the trick.

christlove
09-18-2011, 09:22 AM
That's it! Thanks for the answer, and thanks sdd for the question--I had always wondered why simply hitting enter wouldn't do the trick.

Just my words. Thank you very much, Joe.

Blessings,
Steffen

sdd
09-21-2011, 04:24 AM
Thanks, everybody.
Stephen

Dale A. Brueggemann
09-21-2011, 10:49 AM
...if you you scroll to "holy" and then hold <SHIFT> down and then hit <ENTER>, BW8 will replace ".hol" with ".holy" Then release the shift key and hit <ENTER> again and BW8 will search for "holy"

Great tip! I like to stay on the keyboard as much as possible, and this is a good one for people who like that.

Joe Whalen
09-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Just my words. Thank you very much, Joe.

Blessings,
Steffen

You are very welcome. I'm glad I could help.