PDA

View Full Version : Display results of the Word List Manager

Philologos
09-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Hello,
when I copy results from the Word List Manager to the clipboard and paste them into my Word document, they are usually organized vertically:

αβρααμ @* 10

αγαθος @* 16

αγαπαω @* 2

Can I tell BW9 to display the results horizontally and without the "@* 10", in other words, like this:

αβρααμ, αγαθος, αγαπαω, ...

????

MGVH
09-17-2011, 10:23 AM
... I can't seem to find a way to do it directly in BW, but it is easy to get the result you want in Word.

After you have pasted in the list to Word, hit CTRL-H to open up the Find and Replace dialogue
You'll have to do the procedure in 2 steps:

First, in the "Find What" box, type: ^#
Hit Replace All (this gets rid of all the numbers)
Second, in the "Find What" box, type: " @* ^p" < NOTE: that's a Space@*Space^p - see pic below
In the "Replace with" box, type: ", " < NOTE: that's a CommaSpace
Hit Replace All

That will do it. If you are in the midst of some other document, instead of using "Replace All," use the find and replace one at a time.

Philologos
09-18-2011, 10:35 PM
Thanks, Mark, you deserve a time-saving prize for that! I will work a lot with these lists in the months to come and this just speeds up the adequate display of my results.

Philologos
09-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Mark,
your commands work sometimes, and sometimes they don't actually "replace" the symbols, although the program tells me that it did (for example, I copy my WLM list into a Word document and then type "^#" in the FIND box and click REPLACE ALL. But the numbers are still there.). There must be some minutiae that differs from attempt to attempt, and I hope I can figure this out.

Here is another question on formatting:

The WLM gives me the info of frequency in this format:

periblepw@* 6

suzhtew@* 6

krabattoj@* 5

But I want it in this format:

periblepw (6), suzhtew (6), krabattoj (5), ..., ..., ...

Any clue as to how to achieve this?

MGVH
09-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Copy, then paste your words into MSWord. You will have something like this:
ὁ @* 10
ἐν @* 3
ἔρημος @* 2
ὁδός @* 2
σύ @* 2
ἄφεσις @* 1

(Look on the Home ribbon and click on the paragraph marker to display the space and paragraph markers. This will make it clearer for you to see what you need to change.)

To get the result you want, use CTRL-H to bring up the Replace dialogue. Two steps:

Replace "@* " (=@*Space) with ( = opening paragraph marker
Replace "^p" with "), " (=CloseParenCommaSpace)

That should do it...

Philologos
09-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Right on, Mark! Many :):):)

ISalzman
09-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Mark, where is that hamburger from?

MGVH
09-19-2011, 08:53 PM
... available when the option first became possible. It is a fun choice for me because ich bin in Hamburg geboren.

ISalzman
09-19-2011, 09:02 PM
Ah, nice. Have you been back there?