PDA

View Full Version : Favorites Help

ericjdaniels
10-12-2004, 06:08 PM
I have been trying to figure out this function of BW a bit more and I have a question.

I know that I can have a set of favorites listed for different purposes. For example, I have two favorite groupings right now: Greek and Hebrew. I prefer different display versions when I work with Heb., and others for Greek. I know how to use it, edit it, etc.

Here is my problem.

Recently I have been translating the book of Micah. In Micah, and most of the Minor Prophets for that matter, the LXX is not a reliable source to consult when translating the Hebrew. So when working with the Minor Prophets, I don't like for the LXX to be up as high in the Version Display Order.

So what I wonder is this...I can add and delete search versions in favorites, but can I change their display order in a given set of favorites. Meaning, can I have a favorite grouping entitled "Minor Prophets" where the LXX is a display version, but not in the same place I have it normally?

It seems as of now that whatever the base BW program has as the display order is the default display order for my favorites.

Thanks for the help. I hope this made sense. :)

Blessings,

Eric

Joe Fleener
10-12-2004, 07:51 PM
Eric,

I think I understan what you are hoping for.

Right now the display orders are not tied to favorites as far as I know. This would be a rather nice feature and is worth mentioning.

There is a way however, where you don't have to alway move things around.

In the Version Order tab you have the option to save and open different display orders.

Therefore, you could have a favorite as you do now for Hebrew.

You could then create two display order files and save them. One would have the LXX high on the display order and one would have it lower. You could even name the lower one Minor Prophets (or something). Then when you are working in the Minor Prophets you could load that display order in the Version Order tab.

I hope that makes sense.

ericjdaniels
10-13-2004, 04:13 PM
This isn't something I have fooled around with much, but would it serve the purpose?

As I understand it, the Config. Man. would let me set up BW one way, and save it as a configuration. Then set it up another way, and save that.

Then on startup I would be asked which configuration to choose.

Could I just have a Greek, Hebrew, and Minor Prophets configuration?

Let me know what you think. I don't have much time to fool with it right now, but will once things calm down.

Thanks a ton!

Eric

Mark Eddy
10-13-2004, 04:32 PM
I personally use a different solution to your problem. Since LXT and BGT contain the same version of the LXX, in my "Version Order" I put BGT high on the list (right under WTT and other Hebrew versions), and I put LXT lower on the list (below my English versions). All you have to do in your "Parallel Versions Favorites" is to use LXT for your "Minor Prophets" favorite, and use BGT for your "Hebrew" favorite.

God bless!
Mark Eddy

Joe Fleener
10-13-2004, 05:28 PM
You are correct, the configuration would do just as you describe. I use it all them time, it is great. I just didn't think of it for your particular question.