PDA

View Full Version : Prompt for Updates?

Joseph B. Modica
08-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Greetings. As I recall earlier versions of BW, it use to prompt me when updates were available (especially when I first opened the program). That feature seems to be "disabled" somehow. I now need to manually check to see if there are any updates. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

MGVH
08-30-2011, 07:17 PM
I noticed that too and am updating manually...

Michael Hanel
08-30-2011, 07:25 PM
In the updater settings have you unchecked the box for "check once every 48 hours"?

calvary
08-30-2011, 10:26 PM
Mine doesn't do it automatically either. I've got all the settings where they should be. It hasn't worked from the beginning, but it doesn't bother me really. Just figured I say something since there's a thread about it, and in case it's a bug that needs to be fixed.

Dave

admin
08-31-2011, 10:28 AM
The auto-check for updates only checks when you start the program. Do you start the program regularly, or is it always running (e.g. you leave it running around-the-clock)?

calvary
08-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Yes, I know that. No, I don't leave it running. :)

Dave

jthomp
09-02-2011, 12:47 PM
Greetings. As I recall earlier versions of BW, it use to prompt me when updates were available (especially when I first opened the program). That feature seems to be "disabled" somehow. I now need to manually check to see if there are any updates. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

I'm not so sure there's a problem. In version 9 there's an option, in addtion to automatically checking for updates, to check every 48 hours. It is checked by default when the program installs. I'm not sure that option was available in version 8 or at the very least not engaged. This gives the perception that the program is not working properly in version 9 or that updates are less frequent. FWIW

Joseph B. Modica
09-04-2011, 08:50 AM
As per this thread's suggestion, I unchecked the "Check for updates only once every 48 hours" a few days ago. This morning when I started BW, it did prompt me for the latest update. So I think all is well. Thanks to all for their insights and suggestions. Much appreciated.