PDA

View Full Version : Hebrew and Pausal Marks

ptd99uk
10-12-2004, 03:58 AM
I may have missed this somewhere in the manual, but I was wondering if it is possible to display/printout the Hebrew text without the pausal marks, i.e. with only the basic vowel pointing?

Thanks in anticipation

Peter

David Kummerow
10-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Hi Peter,

Not sure exactly what you mean by "pausal marks", ie whether you simply mean the accents (or a specific accent) or if you mean pausal vowel pointing (by which I take it that you would like to display "usual" pointing). If you mean the latter, this cannot be done. But if the former go:

Tools > Options > Option Flags > Hebrew Accent Options > and select which accents you wish to/not to display.

Hope this helps some.

David Kummerow.

ptd99uk
10-12-2004, 07:23 AM
That's it - great, thank you David.

Philip Brown
10-13-2004, 03:54 PM
Hi, Peter,

In addition to David's suggestion, rather than turning off the Hebrew accents flag in the Option Flags, you can do this:

Leave accents on
Click in Results Window
Type the A key -- this toggles the Hebrew Accents on and off

jdarlack
10-14-2004, 02:59 AM
...snip...In addition to David's suggestion, ...snip... Leave accents on \\ Click in Results Window \\ Type the A key -- this toggles the Hebrew Accents on and offUNBELIEVABLE!

How did I miss this "A" option for toggling accents? I never cease to learn something new about this amazing program!

Ewan MacLeod
10-14-2004, 04:26 AM
Yeah, I didn't know that either!

So to make sure I wasn't missing any more shortcuts, I went through the entire keyboard. Here are some more shortcuts that work in the Results Window:

RESULTS WINDOW SHORTCUTS
a - toggle Hebrew accents on/off
b - toggle Browse mode on/off
c - bring up the context menu (same as right-clicking on a word)
d - do a search on the word under the cursor
n - toggle translator's notes on/off
q - toggle auto-info window on/off
r - toggle Strong's numbers on/off
t - toggle auto-info window on/off
v - display pop-up menu where you can choose a new version
w - display pop-up menu where you can choose a new Results Window

These work in both upper-case and lower-case.

Regards,

Ewan

Joe Fleener
10-14-2004, 06:24 AM
That is most of them.

If you go into Help and search for: 'Keyboard Shortcuts' you will find a few more.