PDA

View Full Version : How to Export Verse List with Notes

MFriend
08-04-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi Folks:

I'm probably missing something simple but after watching some of the BW videos and trying to search the help file I can't figure it out:
How do I export all of the verses in a verse list AND the notes attached to each verse?

I would like to export the verses and the notes I've written on these particular verses so I can print them off and read them away from the computer.

I checked under 'options' but didn't see anything that look like it was related to notes.

Thanks for any input.

Matthew

Michael Hanel
08-04-2011, 11:25 AM
I don't do a lot of this, but I believe you would want to use the Report Generator (under Tools | Importing/Exporting Information). There are check boxes for verse or chapter notes.

MFriend
08-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi Michael:

I think that would work but it seems sort of more difficult (i.e. time consuming) than I thought it would be.

In the report builder each verse has to be separated by a semi-colon I believe. So to do it this way I'd have export the verse list and add semi-colons after each verse, then copy and paste it into the report builder. It would work though I guess... (The current verse list with notes I want to print has about 58 different sections/verses).

Michael Hanel
08-04-2011, 11:51 AM
Ah, yes I didn't full pick up the verse list part of it, I was just thinking about exporting notes.

In the options menu under Output Format Options | Verse List (no text), you can make the output for verse list to be single line, connected by a semi colon. That's the quick way to export your verse list and then put it in the report generator.

Again, like I said I don't normally do this kind of thing, so I'm just theorizing how it could work.

Glenn Weaver
08-05-2011, 08:29 AM
Hi Matthew,

You can include a verse list in the Report Generator, so you do not have to enter each verse individually. The verse list must be in the ASE directory under the main BibleWorks folder.

Classroom Tip 4.1 describes the procedure and shows a screenshot with the settings to do it. There are other things described in the Classroom Tip, but the exact thing you want to do is described under the section "Exporting Your Topical Database".

Here is the link to the tip:
http://www.bibleworks.com/classroom/4_01/index.html

Blessings,
Glenn