PDA

View Full Version : BibleWorks version in Zotero

StephenH
07-29-2011, 06:14 PM
I just discovered in the help files information on installing Zotero in Firefox and then loading the "Bibliography_Zotero_RDF.rdf" file. However, I noticed when I tried to use Zotero to generate Bibliography entries for a word study I am currently writing that it lists all entries as BibleWorks 8 and not BibleWorks 9. However, even with this, it looks like Zotero will be a very useful tool to use in conjunction with BibleWorks. I appreciate you making this available as otherwise, it would be difficult to cite the BibleWorks resources properly.

Will the "Bibliography_Zotero_RDF.rdf" file be updated to properly reflect BibleWorks 9 as the version? Right now, I am just manually editing the version number for the entries. However, it would be nice to just update the whole file and not just each entry as used.

I opened the file up in Wordpad, and it looks like all that is needed is to replace "BibleWorks, v.8." with "BibleWorks, v.9." Is this safe to do, or is it better to just wait for an updated version of "Bibliography_Zotero_RDF.rdf" to be available in the updates? I am not sure if this affects the other bibliography formats, but if it does, it would be good to fix it for all of them. I would have attached a modified file for you to check, but the forum's attachment tool would not let me attach it. I will Email it separately.

Respectfully,

Stephen Haffly

MFriend
08-01-2011, 02:47 PM
I also would like to see this update to make citing easier using Zotero.

Glenn Weaver
08-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Hi Stephen and Matthew,

We will provide an updated Zotero file to include the new BibleWorks resources and have bibliography entries read BibleWorks, v.9, though it will probably be a little time before we can do so. I'm sorry for missing that before the release of BibleWorks 9. We had a few items to complete before the release, and still have more items to complete and release!

In the meantime, you can do a global search-and-replace in order for the current Zotero file to read BibleWorks, v.9.

Blessings,
Glenn

MFriend
08-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Thanks for the reply Glenn, I've updated my file manually to v.9.