PDA

View Full Version : Increase BW9 View?

MBD
07-29-2011, 03:27 PM
OK, so I am getting old. I wish there were some way to make all of BW9 larger on my screen. Am I limited to increase font size in BW9? Would this be handled in my video-card settings?

Dale A. Brueggemann
07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Would this be handled in my video-card settings?

One way would be to drop your screen resolution. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but doing that would make everything physically larger on the screen, and if you didn't go too far with it, it probably wouldn't lose too much sharpness. It would be a trade-off.

Michael Hanel
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Microsoft has a built in screen magnifier under the Accessories group in the start menu as well.

What parts of the program are the most problematic for your sight?

johns
08-02-2011, 05:37 PM
One way would be to drop your screen resolution. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but doing that would make everything physically larger on the screen, and if you didn't go too far with it, it probably wouldn't lose too much sharpness. It would be a trade-off.

This method may work, but is not recommended for anyone using an LCD or LED display. The display resolution should always be set at the physical DPI on your monitor. If it isn't, the Cleartype anti-aliasing built into Windows will not work correctly. In addition, the monitor will have to do a conversion from the input resolution to the resolution of the physical display.

The recommended way in Windows 7 is to set the display resolution to the physical resolution of the monitor, then go to Control Panel \ Appearance and Personalization \ Display then choose the medium or larger options. This will increase the DPI output of items on the screen and the scaling will be done internally while maintaining antialiasing. If neither of the standard settings is optimal there is also the ability to set a custom DPI setting.

This will change the size of everything, not just Bibleworks. If it is just Bibleworks you need to change, you must adjust individual font sizes (Tools \ Options \ Fonts). This may really be your best option anyway. Most high quality Truetype fonts are designed to scale to larger sizes and still be readable.

There is also the old fashioned option, reading glasses. :cool: