PDA

View Full Version : DE or not DE, that's my question

Peter
07-26-2011, 04:33 AM
Dear Friends,
I want to realize a Query and need your help. I want to find all verses, where the particle DE is present in BYM, but not in BNM. I want to find examples like Mat 25,16.
Thank you - please help !
Yours
Peter, Germany

christlove
07-26-2011, 06:13 AM
Greetings, Peter.

I attached you a query file. Put it in your "ase"-folder and open the file via GSE.
This should do it.

PS. How are you doing, mate?
Blessings from Steffen/Stützengrün ;)

Peter
07-26-2011, 06:48 AM
Dear Steffen,

that's exactly what I wanted. Thank you ! I tried it without the subquery and didn't get the right results.

I'm doing fine - see you soon !
Yours
Peter, Germany

ISalzman
07-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Hey Steffen and Peter, do either of you guys know of Jobst Bittner in Tubingen?

Irving

christlove
07-27-2011, 04:10 AM
Hey Irving.

No, I don´t know him.

Who is he? What is he known for?

Blessings,
Steffen

ISalzman
07-27-2011, 10:14 AM
Hey Irving.

No, I don´t know him.

Who is he? What is he known for?

Blessings,
Steffen

Hey Steffen,

Here is his website: http://www.tos.info/home.html

Irving

christlove
07-28-2011, 04:41 AM
Thx for the link, Irving, pretty interesting....

Steffen

Peter
07-28-2011, 05:47 AM
Irving,
>Hey Steffen and Peter, do either of you guys know of Jobst Bittner in Tubingen?
No, I don't know him either. It seems to be a pentecostal church.
Yours
Peter, Germany
www.streitenberger.com

ISalzman
07-28-2011, 08:45 AM
Hey Steffen, you're welcome.

And, Peter, you are correct; he is a Pentecostal pastor. But my interest in him has more to do with what he is doing. He is calling the church to repentance; repentance, specifically, for the Holocaust. He is quite a dynamo and doing great things in the church in Germany and Eastern Europe. I have had him speak in my church.

dinosaur
07-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Hey Steffen, you're welcome.

And, Peter, you are correct; he is a Pentecostal pastor. But my interest in him has more to do with what he is doing. He is calling the church to repentance; repentance, specifically, for the Holocaust. He is quite a dynamo and doing great things in the church in Germany and Eastern Europe. I have had him speak in my church.

I was wondering if the church is responsible for the holocaust? Why would the "church" need to repent of something that the past generation may have been partially to blame? I'm not trying to diminish the event but wouldn't it be better to repent for what we are responsible for....perhaps the modern holocaust of abortion where countless more than 6 million have been slaughtered....
I'm not trying to offend or stir up division but if the church is to mature we must repent for what we have done not for what we have not....We are not held accountable by God for the sins of the fathers only our own. "and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."(1Jo 1:7 KJV)

ISalzman
07-28-2011, 05:04 PM
I was wondering if the church is responsible for the holocaust? Why would the "church" need to repent of something that the past generation may have been partially to blame? I'm not trying to diminish the event but wouldn't it be better to repent for what we are responsible for....perhaps the modern holocaust of abortion where countless more than 6 million have been slaughtered....
I'm not trying to offend or stir up division but if the church is to mature we must repent for what we have done not for what we have not....We are not held accountable by God for the sins of the fathers only our own. "and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin."(1Jo 1:7 KJV)

Well, there's a lot I could say in response to your question. But suffice it to say this: There was precious little that the church in Germany and other European nations did to resist the Nazi Final Solution or help Jewish people escape. The Deitrich Bonhoeffers and Cory Ten Booms were in the vast minority. Rachmiel Friedman, a Jewish believer living in Nazi occupied Europe was refused shelter time and time again by Christians, even evangelicals. You can read his testimony which is recorded in a book entitled "When Being Jewish was a Crime." But many other believers have shared similar testimonies. The vast majority of churches and church people complied with Hitler and the Nazis. Jobst Bittner, a Gentile Christian pastor in Tubingen Germany, has started a ministry in Germany to call the church to repentance and to forge reconciliation. The former mayor of Tubingen was an ex-Nazi and Tubingen, a former Nazi stronghold. Bittner has seen God do amazing things through and in his ministry.