PDA

View Full Version : Numberings in the Synopsis tool?

ericjdaniels
10-08-2004, 04:54 PM
I am not sure of the method behind the madness of the numbering system in the synopsis tool. Meaning, I am using Aland's 3rd Edition of the Synopsis of the Four Gospels - Greek-English Edition.

The numberings in that are much different. Are the numbers in BW6 based on an older version of Aland's synopsis, or perhaps another author's work?

The follow up, if the numbers are based on an older version, are there any plans to update it, or at least, to give several options depending on what version of Aland's text one uses?

Thanks for the help.

Blessings,

Eric

Michael Hanel
10-08-2004, 05:15 PM
I have in front of me the Synopsis Quattor Evangeliorum Editio quindecima revisa, and it lines up exactly with my synopsis file aland.sdf. Are you sure you're looking at the right synopsis file?

Mike Hanel
MDiv Student Concordia Seminary
MA Classics Student Washington University

ericjdaniels
10-12-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks for asking that question. When I have used the synopsis tool I have just opened it, assuming that there were no other options for format. Once you asked if I was using the right "file," I thought....OHH! So now I know that there are several options, one being aland.sdf.

Thanks for the help. :)

Blessings,

Eric

S A Wells
10-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Mike,

I too am using the hard copy of Aland's 15th edition. Yet none of the files on my synopsis tool line up with it. E.g., my hard copy has 367 pericopes whereas my Aland file has only 145. And even with the sub-numbering of the files (26a, 26b, 26c) doesn't account for this because BW sections don't line up with Aland sections. Is yours exactly the same, names of sections and everything? If mine lined up it would save me a ton of time with homework.

thanks,
Scott Wells

I have in front of me the Synopsis Quattor Evangeliorum Editio quindecima revisa, and it lines up exactly with my synopsis file aland.sdf. Are you sure you're looking at the right synopsis file?

Mike Hanel
MDiv Student Concordia Seminary
MA Classics Student Washington University

Michael Hanel
10-14-2004, 10:08 PM
Double check to make sure your synopsis tools is loading the file aland.sdf. (File, Open). When I do that, i get 367 sections. I believe you have the gospels.sdf file open. If you don't have the aland.sdf file let me know, I'll contact you and send it as an attachment, but to the best of my knowledge I thought that came with the program.

Mike

S A Wells
10-15-2004, 05:21 PM
Mike,

My aland.sdf file only shows 145 sections. After just a cursory glance, it appears to be identical to the gospels.sdf. If you would send your aland.sdf to me I would greatly appreciate it. BTW, I'm about as computer illiterate as one can get. Would you mind providing instructions for me as to how to incorporate that file into BW from the attachment? Thanks so very much. This will make homework go much faster.

blessings,
Scott

Double check to make sure your synopsis tools is loading the file aland.sdf. (File, Open). When I do that, i get 367 sections. I believe you have the gospels.sdf file open. If you don't have the aland.sdf file let me know, I'll contact you and send it as an attachment, but to the best of my knowledge I thought that came with the program.

Mike