PDA

View Full Version : Keeping NIV 1984 with NIV 2011

Dale A. Brueggemann
07-19-2011, 03:04 PM
How would I go about adding NIV 1984 to BW 9, since I do have it in all earlier versions of BW? I would love to be able to keep comparing the changes between 1984 and 2011, and I'm writing on a project that may require that I stay with NIV 1984 (I'll check with the editors on that).

Michael Hanel
07-19-2011, 03:11 PM
How would I go about adding NIV 1984 to BW 9, since I do have it in all earlier versions of BW? I would love to be able to keep comparing the changes between 1984 and 2011, and I'm writing on a project that may require that I stay with NIV 1984 (I'll check with the editors on that).

If you've already done the registering and what not, you should have the NIV 1984 as the version named NIVO. When you upgraded to BW9, I believe they send you the proper registration codes to get that activated.

ISalzman
07-19-2011, 03:30 PM

Speaking about your writing, Dale, I was consulting a commentary recently and happened to notice that you were the author of it. If memory serves me correctly, I believe it was a volume in the Cornerstone Commentary Series. I think it was an Old Testament book. When I saw your name, I said "I know that guy!" Well sort of anyway ... if the BibleWorks user forums count for anything! And I believe they do! Kudos to you. I thought you did a great job with the section I read.

Irving

MBushell
07-19-2011, 04:28 PM

If you did not receive the activation codes for NIV84 contact service@bibleworks.com. They should have been sent to you, though you may have had to register the upgrade.

I am not sure how Zondervan will handle people like you. We are not permitted to distribute the NIV 1984 edition any more to new users. Those companies who still sell it will also have to stop when their current license comes up for renewal.

Mike

Dale A. Brueggemann
07-19-2011, 06:03 PM
If you did not receive the activation codes for NIV84 contact service@bibleworks.com. They should have been sent to you

I went back to my email with the new activation codes to make sure I didn't just miss one of them, but it's not there. I've been a user since version 3 and faithfully upgraded for each version. So I guess I have an activation code coming. I'll contact them.

CORRECTION: I had received the unlock code but missed it's meaning. It's the NIVO code, for anyone else who thinks they have this problem. I now have NIV 2011 and NIV 1984 displayed, and color marking the differences.

LarryW
07-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I too lost my NIV 1984 on upgrade. I just sent of an email too.

Correction - I received an email with codes yesterday which was a duplicate of one I'd received last week and assumed it was the same. It had an unlock for the old NIV as well as other unlocks so I now have my 1984 NIV back.

Larry